Screen Protectors? Are they needed anymore?

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thoughts and experience about not using a screen protector?
I have had a glass protector on my phone for over a year now and with the print on the white background w/Lollipop, I have a hard time reading it. I peeled off my protector and the screen is much sharper & brighter now!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I had one put on when I opened the box. And I wouldn't ever go without one. The second day i had it, I was working on an electric furnace, and had a short circuit throw sparks/slag out at me. The glas screen protector saved the day. I had a major pit in the glass, if it had been a plastic protector, or no protector mt 2 day old phone would have been ruined.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1431823824484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1431823824484.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 45

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My husband dropped his phone and was very upset that he cracked the screen. Imagine his relief when I peeled off the glass screen protector and put a new one on his pristine phone

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I come from left field on this. My N3 always had an excellent cheap case with a flip up front cover, strap clasp from underneath to clamp above the home button (mildly magnetic, yes), faux black leather extending the corners and a sturdy hard plastic inner case. Survived multiple falls closed (and open but not onto the screen), and quick immersions.
Apart from that it's safer to hold with the back flipped back between your fingers, steadier with the camera once you adapt, and quick to open.

I still have a Spigen Neo Hybrid back in its case from day two.

18 months with a bare screen that's still like new, but covered when not in use.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I took the plastic screen protector out of my otterbox defender, and use a glass protector. I don't know about other people, but I can't afford a new phone, or a new screen.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my Note 3 since the day I got it. Only took it off recently, and I notice a huge difference. The screen is more responsive and the front of the phone looks much better.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Thoughts and experience about not using a screen protector?
I have had a glass protector on my phone for over a year now and with the print on the white background w/Lollipop, I have a hard time reading it. I peeled off my protector and the screen is much sharper & brighter now!

OK,OK! My phone ran around naked for 2 days and I was horrified I would scratch or drop it! A weird feeling!! So I looked on ebay for a super thin glass protector. Found one 0.26mm thick, rounded edges, silicone stick-em. $3.59 + .99 shipping.
Ordered it 7:45 Sat. pm got in by noon monday!
It went on soooo easy with a masking tape hinge at the bottom,
the screen settled right on with absolutely NO air bubbles!
It's so thin, like nothing on!!
I am impressed and very pleased!
I feel more secure and at ease with something on!! 👍😃

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez