How can I fix jumbled files?

ron abuelo

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
jumbled files

I transferred all of my files, music, videos, photo gallery albums from the device to the SD card but things are not where they belong... every image of any kind is now in the gallery and albums are gone... can I transfer back to the device to recover proper file order? If so how... ?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: jumbled files

I transferred all of my files, music, videos, photo gallery albums from the device to the SD card but things are not where they belong... every image of any kind is now in the gallery and albums are gone... can I transfer back to the device to recover proper file order? If so how... ?

Welcome to Android Central!

If you created albums they it probably created different folders on the internal memory of the phone under the DCIM folder. You probably just need to create those same exact folders and put them in there accordingly.

ron abuelo

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: jumbled files

Thanks for your reply, I suspected that I screwed up putting albums in photos instead of DCIM but tooo late now. Since I have about 3000 images, reconstructing one picture at a time will be brutal, I was hoping I could somehow undo the transfer and start again.