Practicality of upgrading to note 5

dgprakash

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I want to say in the beginning that this thread is not to bash the note 5 over what it should have been and all...
I would like to get opinions on what is the practical use one gets out of upgrading from a note 3 to the note 5.
If it's the screen, then sorry unless you hold the phone so close you won't notice much difference ( tested myself at the att store with same level of brightness)
If it's the screen off memo then there is an app to get it working on the note 3
Maybe the higher res front camera but 700$ for that seems a wayy too much
Samsung pay could be one real reason
Personally i do not care about the "better" looks, nor the slightly better response times
I have an extended battery and a 128 gb card which just makes the 3 much better than the 5
It might be just a personal preference but i am curious to know why one upgrades apart from the screen, looks and front cam, as samsung seems to ignore the power of the s pen more and more by trying to be more apple.

Posted via Android Central App

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I would faster move up to a Note 4. Only issue I have with my Note 3 is a random reset problem when I press on the back cover too hard or place it down on a hard surface. Move over my SD Card and I'm content. Note 5, Edge+... Just not tempting enough yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rev17

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Well, few of the reasons could be the new leaner TouchWiz, future support from Samsung (although Samsung supports are a joke) and fingerprint security.
I am rocking a note 4 and can't simply imagine living widout expandable storage and removable battery.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, few of the reasons could be the new leaner TouchWiz, future support from Samsung (although Samsung supports are a joke) and fingerprint security.
I am rocking a note 4 and can't simply imagine living widout expandable storage and removable battery.

That is a good point, I would absolutely love a fingerprint scanner.

Posted via the Android Central App

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and upgraded to the 64gig Note 5 last weekend. It just works. No worries about fake SD cards. The camera (especially having RAW mode) is amazing. Fingerprint scanner is neato. The battery is a drawback for sure, but I do have an external jumper battery that I always took on our hikes and camping, so it really isn't an issue for me. Android Pay works (and never will on the Note 3) and Samsung Pay is coming soon (or already here for some). I'm happy with my purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress