Why does my Note 3 drain battery faster and takes time to charge more than usual?

A

AC Question

why does my note 3 drain battery more faster and takes time to charge more than usual?

My note 3 always have problem with fast battery draining but it doesn't take time to charge but now my battery drain really really fast .It all started,last week when i turned off my phone for almost 1 week and when i turned it on,my note has problems with short battery life and also it takes time to charge.Yesterday,i charged my phone at 11 at 22% battery percentage and at 11.30ish something,my battery increased from 22 to 27%battery percentage.i don't understand why because usually my phone can increase its battery percentage 10 to 15ish in 30mins.Also,i realised that in 1 minute,i can lose 2% battery percentage.Help,i did try to turn my phone off while holding the volume button but it didnt work at all.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why does my note 3 drain battery more faster and takes time to charge more than usual?

Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Also, when you're charging, does it say Charging (AC) or Charging (USB)? If it thinks you're charging from a computer USB port, the current will be much lower, and it will take longer to charge up. A faulty wall charger plug or cable can cause issues like this, so try a different charging cable/plug.