WiFi dims green but won't turn on in Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005)

A

AC Question

Recently I was Updating dropbox app and I noticed after downloading that the wifi icon shows turned on but there's no data transfer. Then I just restarted my phone and I couldn't turn the wifi on. The wifi light is dim green but never connects. Help me.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Recently I was Updating dropbox app and I noticed after downloading that the wifi icon shows turned on but there's no data transfer. Then I just restarted my phone and I couldn't turn the wifi on. The wifi light is dim green but never connects. Help me.

Have you tried other WIFI connections, if so is it ALL or just your home WIFI?
Without having more info there are a few things it could be,

1. Hardware with the WIFI on the phone which would suck, but before we assume that first:
2. If you haven't already try connecting to any other WIFI, if you can connect. Then it's your router.
I would suggest a Power Cycle aka unplug for 10 seconds plug back in, wait a minute and try to reconnect to your wifi.
3. If it's not the above, you can try doing a System Cache clear following the steps below:

Turn off the Galaxy Note 3.
Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power buttons.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
In the recovery menu, navigate to ‘’wipe cache partition’’ with the volume buttons.
Press power button to confirm.
Once this is done, select reboot system now.

4. If that doesn't work. Last option is a Factory Reset.
5. If none of the above works, it's probably a hardware issue.

Hope something above helps

Cheers

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non