Earphones with volume controls/mic?

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Are there any decent eaphones/iem that have volume/mic functions that are decent? I have the Samsung earphones and they are ok, but looking for higher fidelity.

StaticXCC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Apple has some patent or other on earphones with Volume/Mic Control when using a standard headset jack. To get that, you'll need to go Bluetooth, but Bluetooth loses fidelity due to bandwidth considerations. So... you'll need to pick your poison. Control or fidelity. Also curse Apple. Doesn't help I know... but makes ME feel better about it.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Apple has some patent or other on earphones with Volume/Mic Control when using a standard headset jack. To get that, you'll need to go Bluetooth, but Bluetooth loses fidelity due to bandwidth considerations. So... you'll need to pick your poison. Control or fidelity. Also curse Apple. Doesn't help I know... but makes ME feel better about it.
Thanks. I use Apple also :( and it is nice to have a wide choice. I just wish headphone manufacturers gave an option for volume/mic for Android. It can't be that hard to engineer.

I had put off Bluetooth, but I may need to go down that road for gym use. Thanks again.

StaticXCC

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. I use Apple also :( and it is nice to have a wide choice. I just wish headphone manufacturers gave an option for volume/mic for Android. It can't be that hard to engineer.

I had put off Bluetooth, but I may need to go down that road for gym use. Thanks again.

The easy way to engineer it was patented by Apple... so the "hard" way is via custom programming commands via bluetooth. I'm glad for a wide range of choices as well, but Apple tends to patent stuff it shouldn't in my own personal opinion. Such is life.

For whatever it's worth, I chose fidelity and use the X11i earbuds by Klipsch. Fantastic earbuds, sound great. The controls on it will work with your Apple Device.

Rocko

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The easy way to engineer it was patented by Apple... so the "hard" way is via custom programming commands via bluetooth. I'm glad for a wide range of choices as well, but Apple tends to patent stuff it shouldn't in my own personal opinion. Such is life.

For whatever it's worth, I chose fidelity and use the X11i earbuds by Klipsch. Fantastic earbuds, sound great. The controls on it will work with your Apple Device.
Thanks. I use the Klipsch S4i's and R6i's and love them.