My phone is not receiving calls

RedHottG2

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone for a couple days now and just found out after someone sent me a txt saying they just tried to call me. When someone calls it goes straight to my voicemail without ringing at all. Everything else works fine just not getting my calls. I have T-Mobile.. Any thoughts ?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me .... they have to delete & put it back in the system! Mine work with my Note 3 on, but not without my Note 3 on ;) Spooky!

Cheers, Jon

RedHottG2

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
It's working now, I called and talked to a tech and they disconnected my phone from the network and reconnected it. All is good now :D

mingmae

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
This has actually been happening to multiple carriers. They recommend going into mobile networks and making sure you network is set to LTE/CDMA, because for some reason its switching to the international global mode! After switching this you need to shut your phone off for at least 1 minute and then turn back on.

Hope this helps anyone who is having such issues, as I did.

butterfly210

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Some times it's the sim card... They sent me a new sim card to use with my Note... I had to call give them sim card # then I was set! I m with Tmobile... I had s3 s4 an s5...they gave me a new card... Told me not to use old sim with note 4...idky

TurboUser

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
Having the same issue: not receiving calls. Ironically, also found out when people started texting or telling me that my phone was gping straight to vmail. My carrier replaced the phone but I started having the same issue with the replacement. I have Verizon.

I've had my phone for a couple days now and just found out after someone sent me a txt saying they just tried to call me. When someone calls it goes straight to my voicemail without ringing at all. Everything else works fine just not getting my calls. I have T-Mobile.. Any thoughts ?

nasc2k

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue too and I found that turning off Volte resolved it. Go into phone-menu-settings-call and set "voice over LTE" to do not use. I also found that setting wifi calling to enabled or prefer helps this issue, but the issue popped back up again until I turned off Volte again. Hope this helps.

MrsK

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I got a new Droid Turbo a few days ago, and everything was working great but I wasn't receiving calls. After calling Verizon yesterday, they couldn't help me. I just switched my network from Global to LTE/CDMA. You saved me a lot of time and hassle. Thank you!

Dreams2Knight

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
In case anyone else has this problem...

My husband has an iPhone through Verizon. He began having this problem last week. I found that there is a "do not disturb" option under settings. Somehow, this has gotten turned on. I turned it off, and the problem is gone. Phone is working normally.

Hope this helps others!

Paul Bartholomew

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue - phone would say it was dialing dial but heard no ring and the call would time out. I found that it was a settings/call/Use internet calling - I switched it to "Only for internet calls" and everything worked fine after that.

Lola464

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
I could not find 'call and set' in the setting menu. I have a Samsung J1 phone. Sometimes I get a half ring, sometimes none and sometimes it works fine. My family knows they have to call several times and eventually it will work, this is so frustrating. My local Verizon office said it is because I have a prepaid phone. I never had this problem when I was with Straight Talk..

DesertOutlaw

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Have an unlocked Verison Samsung S4 Model SCH-1545 on AT&T that would not receive calls. Could make calls, send & receive text messages, just could not receive calls; wifi works fine. However, finally found a solution.

In order to receive a call, the party calling must be in the yellow "Contacts" app AND the telephone number must be specific whether it is a cell phone or home phone number. If the type of number is not specific, the call will go to voice-mail.

When a call is received and the caller is displayed on the screen, slide the caller to the green phone icon near the lower right hand corner of the screen to accept the call.

Pressing the "Home" button will not answer the call.

In order to disconnect the call, simply press the power button on the right side, OR press the "Home" button (if the screen is blank) and then press the red phone icon near the lower left hand corner of the screen.

Have no idea why the above worked and makes no difference whether the phone is rooted.

One last note. Depending upon the telephone service provider of the caller, a "1" may be be needed before the area code. Example: Consolidated home service which is a VOIP, requires a "1". However, T-Mobile does not.

MRQ66

Sep 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi all. I know this is an old thread but I had issues with my phone for a week. I could make calls, send text messages and I could also recieve text messages.....but no one could call me. When people called me it kept saying that the number was disconnected. This problem just appeared out of nowhere. After trying all I could I called my provider. It turned out being the "NETWORK" that had been automatically selected after I did an update. I went to the NETWORKS tab and changed it from 3G/2G option to 3G. All fixed. Hopefully this helps others.