Samsung Galaxy Note 4 NFC tags?

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I have an iBolt xprodock for my Note 4. It charges the phone, but won't switch it into dock mode. So I switched to Nova Launcher, so I can have my home screen in landscape, and turned on developer options so I can have the screen stay on while it's charging. Not really concerned about losing the sound output through the miniUSB since my car has bluetooth. What I'd like to do is use an NFC tag to turn on and off the keep screen on while charging option, instead of having to do it manually every time I put the phone in and take it out. Anyone know if this can be done? I don't actually have any NFC tags to try it myself, nor have I ever tried to use them before.

The xprodock is great, fits the phone and holds it very securely. I did have to flip the charging arm to the other side so the volume rockers wouldn't be on the bottom support, but that wasn't hard to do. I have it mounted on my dash, although I wish it was just a little lower. I'll probably pick up a different 17mm ball mount for it soon that can be adjusted down a bit.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: NFC tags?

You might be able to do that without NFC tags, with Tasker. It sounds like something it should be able to do quite easily by detecting the charging state.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Not if you configure it properly. Maybe detect your car's bluetooth or your home's WiFi and add that as a condition for the recipe.

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

I have an iBolt xprodock for my Note 4. It charges the phone, but won't switch it into dock mode. So I switched to Nova Launcher, so I can have my home screen in landscape, and turned on developer options so I can have the screen stay on while it's charging. Not really concerned about losing the sound output through the miniUSB since my car has bluetooth. What I'd like to do is use an NFC tag to turn on and off the keep screen on while charging option, instead of having to do it manually every time I put the phone in and take it out. Anyone know if this can be done? I don't actually have any NFC tags to try it myself, nor have I ever tried to use them before.

The xprodock is great, fits the phone and holds it very securely. I did have to flip the charging arm to the other side so the volume rockers wouldn't be on the bottom support, but that wasn't hard to do. I have it mounted on my dash, although I wish it was just a little lower. I'll probably pick up a different 17mm ball mount for it soon that can be adjusted down a bit.

Did you end up getting the *new* charging arm for the N4 you mentioned in another thread?

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site

Not yet, and I'm thinking there's no need to now that I figured out how to work around it.

How exactly did you work around it? Just curious to know, since at some point I'll get the N4 and as I mentioned in the other thread really love the iBolt dock. I read your full post, but I thought you had said originally that the current arm wouldn't charge your N4.

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

How exactly did you work around it? Just curious to know, since at some point I'll get the N4 and as I mentioned in the other thread really love the iBolt dock. I read your full post, but I thought you had said originally that the current arm wouldn't charge your N4.
I replaced the combination usb/aux cable with a regular usb cable. That allowed for charging, but wouldn't activate dock mode. So it was just a matter of working around that issue (as explained above). I haven't gotten around to seeing if Tasker can be setup to turn on/off the screen on while charging setting yet, so I've been doing it manually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer