Why aren't S Voice Wake Up & Google Now Voice Search NOT LISTENING unless activated manually?

lpcs1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
S Voice Wake Up & Google Now Voice Search NOT LISTENING unless activated manually.

Hey everyone , so I got my Galaxy Note 4 about 2 weeks ago now, and don't get me wrong: I love it ! I couldn't help but notice a few technical problems though, which kinda ruined a part of the fun . Now, as I mentioned in a previous post, the main issue is obviously the excessive RAM usage, but the voice command features not working properly are definitely a close second.

To be more precise, both S Voice & Google Now voice search won't respond to voice activation whether the screen is locked, an app is open or even when I'm on the default homescreen..

Of course I thorougly followed the instructions on how to get Google Now and S Voice Wake Up to always be on , even when the device is locked ... and it works . For like 10 mins... if I open an app, and close it, when I'm back on the homescreen I can say Okay Google, or Hi Galaxy , as many times as I like without anything popping up. So after looking for answers on many forums, I retrained the voice model, deleted previous data, checked the mic.. everything . But the voice command just won't stay on and listen to voice commands continuously...

What might cause this software issue ?

I'd love to hear about other GN4 owners and how they use the Voice command features .

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: S Voice Wake Up & Google Now Voice Search NOT LISTENING unless activated manually.

Mine just started acting up too! It was working just fine from October 17 until yesterday evening. Was there some kind of update with an adverse effect?

lpcs1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: S Voice Wake Up & Google Now Voice Search NOT LISTENING unless activated manually.

yeah, that's weird... I also remember that a couple of updates were downloaded recently.... how can this be?

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my N3 after the KitKat update. Try this. It might work.

Disable the lock screen
Turn Off S - voice completely. Reboot your phone and turn the wake up feature back on. Once you see S voice is responding to Hello Galaxy, re-enable your lock screen. It worked on my N3 when I had the same problem after a software upgrade.

Posted via Android Central App

lpcs1

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why aren't S Voice Wake Up & Google Now Voice Search NOT LISTENING unless activated manually?

thanks it worked, i hope i wont have to do this for every update

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why aren't S Voice Wake Up & Google Now Voice Search NOT LISTENING unless activated manually?

thanks it worked, i hope i wont have to do this for every update

I so glad it worked for you with your N4. When I had the problem with my N3, Samsung couldn't figure it out when I called them for help.. I just had to figure it out myself.

I am hoping to get a N4 and not having this feature working would be a deal breaker for me.

Posted via Android Central App

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Will this work for Google Now? I prefer to use that and it use to wake up my screen when I gave a command, now it won't

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Disregard...I just looked at subject again and it says Google Now.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Didn't work for me. My Google Now is still broke. Won't wake from lock screen or screen off.it can hear the commands....but the screen doesn't turn on

bigjim71

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

There is definitely something wrong with google now. I had been using it since I got the phone n the last few days it won't work unless I open the app first. In the settings I have it checked for "when locked", but it is blacked out. I can not chage the current setting. It also has the voice model blacked out as well, so you are unable to retrain it if you would need to.

Attachments

• 1415319851671.jpg
    1415319851671.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 56

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

There is definitely something wrong with google now. I had been using it since I got the phone n the last few days it won't work unless I open the app first. In the settings I have it checked for "when locked", but it is blacked out. I can not chage the current setting. It also has the voice model blacked out as well, so you are unable to retrain it if you would need to.

Did you change the language? Where the "Alaways on" selection is it indicates a language issue.

bigjim71

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Did you change the language? Where the "Alaways on" selection is it indicates a language issue.

No I did not, but I tried changing it around before posting this n that didn't help either.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

If you have the Svoice. Hey galaxy thing on then I don't think Google now can do okay Google at the same time. So check svoice settings and make sure that's off.

bigjim71

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

If you have the Svoice. Hey galaxy thing on then I don't think Google now can do okay Google at the same time. So check svoice settings and make sure that's off.

No I turned that off not long after getting it

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

No I turned that off not long after getting it
Did you disable the S Voice app or just turn off the voice detection within the app? If you disable the app entirely OK Google will also stop working.

bigjim71

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Did you disable the S Voice app or just turn off the voice detection within the app? If you disable the app entirely OK Google will also stop working.

That very well may be the problem. I'll give it a try

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

If you go into 'Google Settings' -> 'Search & Now' -> 'Voice', you should have 'Languages' at the top. Make sure that's set to a language, like English (US), that Google Now works with. Some languages do not have access to "Ok Google", so you need one that works enabled and set as the default language for the check box to be selectable.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

mine works but I have to put the phone close to me. will try some adjustments.

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I looked in the reviews and a lot of ppl are complaining about this issue. I feel like just rebooting and starting from scratch. So frustrated!

gserpico

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Didn't work for me. My Google Now is still broke. Won't wake from lock screen or screen off.it can hear the commands....but the screen doesn't turn on

Try resetting the language Under settings-language and input. After the latest update, my language was reset to the first one on the list, and Google does not support that language.