Why did you leave Apple for the Note 4

TaterMay

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Things I noted from changing from iPhone to N4 are:

-I can expand memory to 128gb which I did, BUT why would I want to store things in the SD card when it will LAG to open things up from there? If I knew of this annoyance, I would have payed extra for BUILT IN memory than have an external SD slot.

-Camera for video is not smooth on the note 4 compared to iPhone. When I was recording last night, I was zooming in while on record and the thing zooms in real bad. It zooms in very rough, you can see the steps it takes to zoom in, unlike a smooth zoom in transition like iPhone. Disappointing.

-Has way too many non realistic use of features. Not many people will use at least 25% of things that it comes preloaded with. A shame.

-Touchwiz really sucks. This is my first experience with TW and it's horrible...sad that I have to put on a launcher for samsung's unattractive UI. (my 2 cents)

I might go back to iPhone or just try the NExus 6 when it comes out.

Sounds you you're doing something(s) wrong. I have experienced zero of those issues. And i use tons of the features that came with my phone. What kind of sd card did you install? And TouchWiz sucks. A little. But so do the people who always complain about it when it is one of the simplest processes in the world to install a new launcher. They've provided us with a sweet *** phone. Just make a couple of clicks and install a new launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
$200 best buy promo for a 3gs I has in a drawer. Sold iphone 5 for $183. Was different. S pen for taking notes in school. AMOLED display. Better camera. Originally I was getting the 6 plus from my iPhone 5. Bought a case and screen protector. Sold my iPhone 5, was stuck using my old iPhone 4. Went to 2 apple stores near my house, att, radioshack, best buy, and no one had any. While at best buy I learned of the $200 trade in and played with a note 4. Preordered it on 10/22, came in the next day, picked it up and have been enjoying it since.

JRUNCK

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
🔸Hated iTunes w/ a passion
🔸More Chromecast options
🔸Sick of having to Jailbreak to get standard Android features.
🔸Tired of how locked down the iPhone is and became bored as hell with it after 6 years.
🔸Always ran out of Space with iCloud so I couldn't sync w/o iTunes.
🔸Virtually no options to customize the iPhone without Jailbreaking.

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
🔸Hated iTunes w/ a passion
🔸More Chromecast options
🔸Sick of having to Jailbreak to get standard Android features.
🔸Tired of how locked down the iPhone is and became bored as hell with it after 6 years.
🔸Always ran out of Space with iCloud so I couldn't sync w/o iTunes.
🔸Virtually no options to customize the iPhone without Jailbreaking.

This sums up how I felt after I read it. I too, was stuck in the apple loop for 6 years. My first iphone was the 3G, followed by the 4, and 5. Got the 3G when I was 14. 20 now and just switched.

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Sounds you you're doing something(s) wrong. I have experienced zero of those issues. And i use tons of the features that came with my phone. What kind of sd card did you install? And TouchWiz sucks. A little. But so do the people who always complain about it when it is one of the simplest processes in the world to install a new launcher. They've provided us with a sweet *** phone. Just make a couple of clicks and install a new launcher.

I installed Nova Prime after a week of fiddling with TW. Regarding the SD card - I bought SanDisk Micro SD 128gb at 30 speed.

gavin casey

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I Left Apple for the note 5 because Apple was getting boring and the stylus and Samsung has alot of new features , but I also have a Ipad air 2 and everytime I use mylpad I miss apple but then I use the pen On my note 5 and then I don't miss them anymore .

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
So many reasons I went to the Note 4. There was a falling out with AT&T. I had gone from the iPhone 3 to the 6 at the time. My wife had a Note 3. I liked her phone and we went to Verizon for new service and we got the phones about a week before the Note 5 came out. They were only $569.00 new, minus an additional$200.00 rebate for each phone. So the price was a big factor. Lucky for us they were the phones we wanted. The pen was always a big deal for my wife. I liked the removable battery, the upgradeable storage and of course the big screen. As I learned how to use more of the. features, I loved this phone even more. We've had them for 1 year now. I'm hoping to keep mine for 3 or 4 years.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chibisaurus