Note 4 Calendar for Dummies (Me)

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
OK I have 4 calendars merging information into my Calendar app in my phone. When I add a new appointment, I choose the correct calendar (personal (x3), or work), set up the appointment, set the reminder, and save.

When the appointment reminder comes due, I get THREE pop-ups. How do I get it down to one? I really don't need three items to dismiss! It's totally annoying. I never had this issue with my Note 2 !

authemmie

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having problems with double notifications in Calendar. The Samsung Calendar and Google Calendar apps are both labeled Calendar. Since I could actually delete the Google Calendar, I removed it, but am still getting double notifications. Anyone know how to disable the samsung one? I'd prefer the Google one anyway. Went through all the settings I could find.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Go to Application Manager, find all the calendar apps you *don't* want to use, and uncheck the box "Show Notifications". Also, one of the two system calendars can be turned off, the other can't. Just don't turn off "Calendar Storage", as that's what stores all your calendar info.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Go to Application Manager, find all the calendar apps you *don't* want to use, and uncheck the box "Show Notifications". Also, one of the two system calendars can be turned off, the other can't. Just don't turn off "Calendar Storage", as that's what stores all your calendar info.

Thank you. Any idea which of the 2 system calendars can be turned off? Thinking I will turn off the Google calendar for now.

Rocking the Note 4

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got sprint, and only one of the two can be turned off. The other's button is greyed out and can't be selected, nor can its notifications be turned off. I think that's the 'Samsung' default Calendar. So, disable the one you can. At least it'll keep off redundant processes. Although, I use a different calendar myself (SolCalendar). I get two notifications (Sol's popup and the default's Home screen slider), but I like SolCalendar enough I put up with it.

urquattro83

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know the name of the calendar app originally installed on the Galaxy Note 4?
I'ds like to disable it so as to not get notifications it and Google Calendar.
Interestingly, the calendar icon in the tray is the same as 'Application Manager' calls 'Calendar' but the originally installed calendar app still shows notificatios in the 'Notification' bar at the top of the screen....
Thue is as bad as Microsoft using the 'Outlook' name for a Windows program, an an Android App, AND a Web site!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45