How can I change my home screen calender to show actual date instead of "31"?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
This has probably been asked but this is just annoying is there any program I can use and not a widget that will display the current date number?

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question. Real time info on your home screen, like today's date in the calendar, is more or less the definition and purpose of a widget. There are many in the Play Store to do this, some associated with calendar apps (Business Calendar or aCalendar, for example) and some as stand-alone calendar widgets. But neither the Google Calendar nor the Samsung Calendar offers this feature.

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure I understand your question. Real time info on your home screen, like today's date in the calendar, is more or less the definition and purpose of a widget. There are many in the Play Store to do this, some associated with calendar apps (Business Calendar or aCalendar, for example) and some as stand-alone calendar widgets. But neither the Google Calendar nor the Samsung Calendar offers this feature.

For example how the iphone's calender shows the real time date of the month on the calender logo on the home screen

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes, exactly. Iphone doesn't call them widgets but that's what it is. The business calendar app has such a widget. Or Today widget. There are a fair number of these to choose from.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, exactly. Iphone doesn't call them widgets but that's what it is. The business calendar app has such a widget. Or Today widget. There are a fair number of these to choose from.

Posted via the Android Central App

I suppose, but I think its more apropos to call them 'dynamic app icons'. I will admit I do like having the date change on the iOS calender icon and the clock hands on the Clock icon. Are they technically necessary? No, but its still much easier than trying to make a 1x1 icon, not to mention it's much more consistent with the overall look. An Android widget doesn't really 'fit' a consistent icon theme.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I searched there are some widgets in the play store that do what you're describing but the one I tested doesn't align properly with the other widgets

bottlerocket

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Find an icon pack you like and see if it supports dynamic calendar icons. This one is Planus. The calendar app icon will change automatically everyday.

Attachments

• 1416412048229.jpg
    1416412048229.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 30

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I suppose, but I think its more apropos to call them 'dynamic app icons'. I will admit I do like having the date change on the iOS calender icon and the clock hands on the Clock icon. Are they technically necessary? No, but its still much easier than trying to make a 1x1 icon, not to mention it's much more consistent with the overall look. An Android widget doesn't really 'fit' a consistent icon theme.

Try HD widgets. It will allow you to make a 1x1 date widget.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non