Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Note Edge?

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Wondering if anyone has tried the Note Edge and is thinking of moving from the Note 4 to Note Edge?

I personally have not touched it but I'm interested in it.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
First off, patience is key to get responses lol.

I don't think anybody will be shooting over to the Edge from the N4. Maybe some that are upgrading from an S4 or Note 2/3 and like the "cool" factor of being different, but the Note 4, to me, looks better, feels better and is better.

Posted via the Android Central App

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was very much considering the Edge, but after almost every review I read/watched noted some issue with holding the device in your right hand (which sometimes triggers the side panel), I decided to just go with the Note 4. so far, very happy.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I was really considering the Edge but the lack of confidence Samsung is showing in this product has me leery. I will wait a year to see what happens with this technology.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I was in the store last night and held the Edge yet again. I always hold my phone in my left hand and use the right to do whatever. It seems like it would be a non-issue for me but I need to make up my mind by tomorrow. I plan to get either the Note 4 or the Edge as the reps told me the Edge would be in stock tomorrow. Lord give me the wisdom to figure this out.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I like the idea behind the edge menus, but I am very happy with my Note 4. As someone who always uses a case, I would be concerned with the aftermarket support for accessories. I doubt a limited run like the Edge will have very many.

In the market area I live in, you rarely see accessories for anything other than the iPhone or the Galaxy S4/S5 devices. Possibly an HTC or LG case here and there, but nothing significant.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I went again to best buy the Note Edge looks amazing I like it a lot I think my next phone will be looking line the edge

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I like the innovation and that Samsung are pushing the boundaries.

But its not quite enough for me to say the Note 4 is less of a device and the edge offers more.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I can certainly see thinking the gimmick is worth the extra money, but I can't imagine anyone would have bought the Note 4 and would then trade up. They were announced at the same time, so it seems like a huge waste of money to have bought the Note 4 just to upgrade a month later when you already knew it was coming.

David Schaefer

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on t-mobile's original jump program. So, I can switch phones up to twice a year, even a day apart if desired. I went from the note 3 to the 4 when it came out because I heard the edge would be in limited supply. I was surprised when the edge was available and I grabbed it. I like the edge but the 4 is more solid - feeling. I knew the edge was a gimmick, but it's a cool one and the phone works great. Never had a false touch on the side, and I'm a week in.

njshoremom4gurlz

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Cases and accessories for the edge is non existent almost I couldn't handle it. Note 4 is what I would pick hands down!
In a month after Xmas I'm switching possibly

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting my note 4 on Wednesday. However I think of the edge were available at my carrier I'd get that over the 4. If I had the 4 already i dont think I would upgrade.

Posted from my S5

glidersgalore

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
First off, patience is key to get responses lol.

I don't think anybody will be shooting over to the Edge from the N4. Maybe some that are upgrading from an S4 or Note 2/3 and like the "cool" factor of being different, but the Note 4, to me, looks better, feels better and is better.

How is the Note 4 better than the Edge? With the exception of the edge panel and .1 on the screen size they are the same phone.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I actually own both.

I am so glad that Samsung did not spare any specs with the Note Edge. In fact, I wonder now why I even need the Note 4?

If I were to recommend one over the other it would be the Edge simply because you get the same top end specs of the Note 4, but with the added bonus of a unique hardware design, enhanced and functional software features of the Edge panel, and off the charts wow! factor from friends and family when they see it.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I applaud Samsung for trying something different and once xda gets involved I. Could see some nice features for the side panel. That being said I'm worried about the custom rom support for the Edge.

Also the screen looks awkward and like others mentioned finding accessories for the phone will be next to impossible. For a first generation device the thing is nice but not worth the extra money and inconvenience. Although the phone is smaller one handed operation is even more difficult because the one handed mode is more limited

What samsung should do is making the main screen expandable, so if you don't use the side screen it will become an expanded screen i. E a scroll, bookmark bar.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
The edge is awesome... I have big hands and do alot of note 4 stuff with one hand the edge part is out of reach of my thumb so it would be more work than its worth to me to have the edge. They should and probably will make the next Galaxy S model a edge device then it would be more usable... that's right I'm calling it the next galaxy s device will be edge or have two different versions edge and vanilla....