Why is my Note 4 so slow?

Malcom Holmes1

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
my Note 4 is so slow!

Hey guys, so the other day I bought a Note 4 and noticed it was awfully slow. So I did my best to try and fix this, but it seems like I only made it worse...

So I decided to update it and that seems to have slowed the phone down even more. I tried changing it to ART runtime but it won't let me change it. It would just restart.

Also I can't change the weather widget from Korean to English.

Please help!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: my Note 4 is so slow!

My first guess would have been auto restore of apps causing issues, my second have been media server issues with lots of files on microSD. Doesn't sound like it is either of these . . agree with others, might be worthwhile to take it back and have it looked at.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys, so the other day I bought a Note 4 and noticed it was awfully slow. So I did my best to try and fix this, but it seems like I only made it worse...

So I decided to update it and that seems to have slowed the phone down even more. I tried changing it to ART runtime but it won't let me change it. It would just restart.

Also I can't change the weather widget from Korean to English.

Please help!
Where did you purchase from?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Guys this is yours truly from another account. I did a hard reset and the performance got better... a little bit. Still cant swrich to ART and now im noticing the left side is a bit blacker than the rest of my screen. The model i got is from korea but im from the philippines and it alhas no warranty here. Im gonna have it replace from the dude i bought it from but he thinks im over exaggerating

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site

Guys this is yours truly from another account. I did a hard reset and the performance got better... a little bit. Still cant swrich to ART and now im noticing the left side is a bit blacker than the rest of my screen. The model i got is from korea but im from the philippines and it alhas no warranty here. Im gonna have it replace from the dude i bought it from but he thinks im over exaggerating
Just swap it out if you can. Mine is like lightning so there clearly is a problem with yours.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Is that the exynos version? I really hate how samsung creates another stupid slow variant... just use qualcomm's tech!

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Phones pretty stable now. Benchmarks are back to normal nut some texts are still korean
I still cant change to ART runtime. But performance is alright now. Animations and sliding is now 60 frames. But playing minecraft is laggy and horrendous! I get around 10-20fps! Im not sure wether to get this checked up or not because i dont want to **** off the jerk i bought this from.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Phones pretty stable now. Benchmarks are back to normal nut some texts are still korean
I still cant change to ART runtime. But performance is alright now. Animations and sliding is now 60 frames. But playing minecraft is laggy and horrendous! I get around 10-20fps! Im not sure wether to get this checked up or not because i dont want to **** off the jerk i bought this from.

Tbh you have a right to & please check if its a Note 4 and not a clone.

Something just doesn't sit right going by what your saying.

Posted via the Android Central App

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Okay so the Korean variant (LTE AX3) can't activate ART runtime with the new update. Mine is definitely not a clone but I think it's defective. One reason it might be defective is because when I do a reset it returns back to normal but when I download all my apps, the benchmarks says it's slower than an S5!

This is ridiculous because all the apps that I have installed are also on my S5 and it's running butter smooth!

Philipp Yeo

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Its not a troll. I have two accounts because i am having problems with my account, just like how I'm having trouble with this phone. Please stop bothering me I'm already stressed out because of this.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm seems like this dude may have gaven u a fake note 4. Minecraft cannot possibly play at 20 fps. My almost 5 yr old samsung fascinate runs like 20 fps. I have a note 4 and its blazing fast and doesnt ever lag while playing games even high graphic games.

Posted via my Samsung GALAXY NOTE 4

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer