Why does my Note 4 lock on phone calls?

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 locks on phone calls

Merry Boxing Day All!

So I currently have the my Note set to lock after 5 minutes however anytime I make a call, even less than a minute, it's locked after. Does this happen to others and can I change this? It's really bugging me...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
re:

Do you have it set to end phone calls by pressing the Power button? If so, do you also have it set to lock the screen immediately when the Power button is pressed?

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
re:

Checked the settings and it was set to end calls with the power button but not lock. I have changed it and will see if that works.

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
re:

Still having the same issue...phone is locked after every phone call no matter how short. Anyone have any other suggestions?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

Does it look when you make a call using speakerphone with the phone on your desk?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
re:

Perhaps some app going rogue? It isn't a common problem. If it started recently, try to uninstall recent apps.

Also try to clear cache and app data for the phone app

mtbrown19

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
re:

Ok so I tried clearing the cache and the data...nothing
Started in safe mode and voila, seems to be working. Now I just need to figure out which app it is! I have moved a chunk of them over to my SD card so I will try booting the phone with the SD card out and see if it still happens. That will narrow things down at least.
Thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 locks on phone calls

Nice glad you figured it out