Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Google Music

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have Google music? Is it a subscription based service with multiple users like Rhapsody or do you purchase individual songs?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Music

I have it and you can purchase albums and songs, but you can download it to your phone also. It's 10 bucks a month, and I also have Rdio, which I'm going to get rid of now that I have Google play.

Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
Galaxy Tab 2
Galaxy Gear S/ Gear 1 Tizen
Galaxy Circle

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

I have it. Absolutely love it. No reason to purchase music anymore. I can download whatever I want whenever I want. Makes buying music (outside of paying for the subscription) pointless.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I have Rhapsody, but got an offer for 60 days free Google music. Do you have an idea of how many devices you can have for $10 or $10 for one device?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

I have Rhapsody, but got an offer for 60 days free Google music. Do you have an idea of how many devices you can have for $10 or $10 for one device?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

I love Google Play Music. It has, BY FAR, more of the stuff I listen to than the other services I've checked out (except Spotify). I got in when it was new, so I'm locked into the $7.99/month pricing.

I also find the "radio" stations and variety to be better...less repetition than the others.

To be fair, I've never tried Rdio, but I have tried Milk and Amazon, and both their libraries are pitiful.

When just playing random stuff, the variety blows away Pandora and iHeartRadio.

I think you can't go wrong with a free 60-day trial. Check it out and use the crap out of it. If it's not for you, cancel it.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Oh...and I'm not sure what the actual device limit is, but I think it's in the neighborhood of 10. I've had it on five with no trouble at all (but keep in mind that you can only deauthorize four devices a year, so don't be in a hurry to fill your quota.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Oh...and I'm not sure what the actual device limit is, but I think it's in the neighborhood of 10. I've had it on five with no trouble at all (but keep in mind that you can only deauthorize four devices a year, so don't be in a hurry to fill your quota.

10? Even half that I would be Happy Happy...I have 3 and a laptop + 1 device with Rhapsody. Heck, we have 2 Rhapsody accounts cause my son got left out So he got the single deal...but that's still $21 a month. I would never have to deauthorize! Lol

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

...When just playing random stuff, the variety blows away Pandora and iHeartRadio.

I think you can't go wrong with a free 60-day trial. Check it out and use the crap out of it. If it's not for you, cancel it.

I hate Pandora but I have a friend that loves it. I think you are correct...can't go wrong. Thanks folks!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Yes...10 devices! just signed up. I have something to do tomorrow!

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

To clarify, while any mobile device associated with the all access account can pin a playlist for offline playback, I believe that there is a one device limit on streaming from the cloud. So if one device is playing unpinned music and another device attempts to do the same then the first may get booted off (music playback stops). Pinning is great though, saves bandwidth when away from wifi and helps as a way around the limitations of multiple streams.

Of course since music isn't purchased outright you can't download the songs as MP3 files.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

To clarify, while any mobile device associated with the all access account can pin a playlist for offline playback, I believe that there is a one device limit on streaming from the cloud. So if one device is playing unpinned music and another device attempts to do the same then the first may get booted off (music playback stops). Pinning is great though, saves bandwidth when away from wifi and helps as a way around the limitations of multiple streams.

Of course since music isn't purchased outright you can't download the songs as MP3 files.

Yeah...I read that. Since it's 60 day trial I'm gonna have everyone pin and stream like crazy to see if it works for us or Not. Rhapsody can only have one stream So we all just downloaded to our phones. I hope this works the same.

The biggest problem I have had So far is actually adding devices. There doesn't seem to be a straight forward "add device" that actually adds a device. I was in process of making sure app was up to date just to see if something was missing.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I love Google Music. I also got it in beta so locked in at the $7.99 a month price. To me it's the same as Spotify. :).

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

Yeah...I read that. Since it's 60 day trial I'm gonna have everyone pin and stream like crazy to see if it works for us or Not. Rhapsody can only have one stream So we all just downloaded to our phones. I hope this works the same.

The biggest problem I have had So far is actually adding devices. There doesn't seem to be a straight forward "add device" that actually adds a device. I was in process of making sure app was up to date just to see if something was missing.

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Devices are added through your login credentials. When you log into your Google account and open Play Music, that device is automatically added to your account. Or for a computer, visit the Play Music site and log in, and that computer is added.

If someone else is logged into a device under their own Google account, they have no access to your Music account, and that device isn't authorized.

To put it another way, if you want to share your Play Music account with someone else, they need to be logged in as you, not themselves. Which means they would be logged in to your gmail, Google+, etc.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

Devices are added through your login credentials. When you log into your Google account and open Play Music, that device is automatically added to your account. Or for a computer, visit the Play Music site and log in, and that computer is added.

If someone else is logged into a device under their own Google account, they have no access to your Music account, and that device isn't authorized.

To put it another way, if you want to share your Play Music account with someone else, they need to be logged in as you, not themselves. Which means they would be logged in to your gmail, Google+, etc.

Hmmm....this is Not good. My little girl can't be in my Google+ or play store account. Lol...who knows What she would see or download. Can they sync your contacts? That's Not good. So basically 1 account = 1 user... and 1 user can have 10 devices?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Hmmm....this is Not good. My little girl can't be in my Google+ or play store account. Lol...who knows What she would see or download. Can they sync your contacts? That's Not good. So basically 1 account = 1 user... and 1 user can have 10 devices?

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Yup.

My wife has a couple of iOS devices so sharing works fine for me since she only needs my password for play music. That leaves me with 8 more activations for my devices.

My son is on Android so he has his own account.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

MAY THE 4 BE WITH YOU!

Yep. That pretty much sums it up.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

I use Spotify. It works perfectly and I can use it on any platform. I'm not sure if Google Music has any advantages over Spotify.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

I use Spotify. It works perfectly and I can use it on any platform. I'm not sure if Google Music has any advantages over Spotify.

Can't stream on multiple devices at the same time on Spotify. You can do that with Google Music All Access.

-Shawn

cvail

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site

Can't stream on multiple devices at the same time on Spotify. You can do that with Google Music All Access.

-Shawn

To clarify, I don't think you can STREAM on multiple devices at the same time. You can play saved/pinned music on multiple devices at the same time though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa