HELP: How to turn off headphone auto-play?

RTMobile

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Why would Samsung make it so that music autoplays every time you plug in a headset? Don't they realize that this thing is also a phone, actually it's a phone first, and music player is way down on list for me.

I would love to turn this off!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does that happen with headphones that don't have any remote control functions?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What music player are you using? Mine definitely doesn't do that when using the stock player or Spotify. (Spotify will auto-play IF it's open and I connect it to BT headphones though).

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Depending on the app you're using, you can disable this in settings. Poweramp allows you to turn off "Resume on Wired Headset" in the settings menu. If you have PowerAmp as your default player, this will prevent that.

Not sure if you've figured this out yet, either, but the music automatically pauses when placing or receiving a call. So the device definitely recognizes that it has phone capabilities that need to take priority from time to time.

RTMobile

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I use Power Amp, yes. Just didn't see a setting to turn that off. It happens with every set I plug in, even a mono set, but they all have volume and mute controls.

Let me check Power Amp and get back to the thread.

Thanks!

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I use Power Amp, yes. Just didn't see a setting to turn that off. It happens with every set I plug in, even a mono set, but they all have volume and mute controls.

Let me check Power Amp and get back to the thread.

Thanks!

tempFileForShare_2015-01-08-21-24-28.jpg

RTMobile

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
LaTuFu, you were right. It was Power Amp. Thank you. I got overwhelmed with the depth of configuration settings in PA a long time ago and never saw this. Love the player a lot though.

Paras Rana1

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
Why would Samsung make it so that music autoplays every time you plug in a headset? Don't they realize that this thing is also a phone, actually it's a phone first, and music player is way down on list for me.

#MAKE SURE
You uninstall PowerAmp.
Settings > apps > installed > poweramp

BigWizWow

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge

Go to the smart connect app on your phone then press events and turn off the music on the go function

sc98gt

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
I have an S6 that just started doing this after a T-Mobile update. WTF!
No PowerAmp or Smart Connect app installed. Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87