Note4 Stock Text Msg App Lagging

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Ever since a week ago, my Note4 (ATT) has been lagging horribly when using the stock text message app. After typing and sending out a message, it freezes and won't let me type or do anything until the message has sent (10-15sec lag).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? How do I fix this? The phone was just fine until about a week or so ago. I can't use any other SMS app since the phone is linked to a smart watch (which only links to stock text msg app).

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The last ATT update added a new messages backup and sync feature via ATT. I had the same issue then disabled it in the messages app settings. It was still laffy, but not near as bad. I use textra now and love it. Too bad it won't work with your watch.

Posted via MY Note 4

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I did see the backup option in the stock app, but I thought since I didn't set it up it wouldn't be used. I will try setting it up and disabling it.

-- edit --
Disabled the backup app and lag still occurs. I think it's the messaging app itself. It closed with error a few times already...

Last edited: