how do I get it to stop??

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Lately I have been getting these annoying ads coming up on my home screen. Anyone know how to make them stop?

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-18-14-55-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-18-14-55-19.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 130

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Lately I have been getting these annoying ads coming up on my home screen. Anyone know how to make them stop?

Sent from my beautiful white NOTE 4!!

did u download some app recently...seems like u had a malicious app or some app that is just pushing way too many ads on your phone...i want to say it might be a game app...so try deleting ur recently downloaded app and see if it still happens.

Also download a antivirus to scan for any malicious app!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
did u download some app recently...seems like u had a malicious app or some app that is just pushing way too many ads on your phone...i want to say it might be a game app...so try deleting ur recently downloaded app and see if it still happens.

Also download a antivirus to scan for any malicious app!

This. I would check and think back to what you've recently installed. If you accidentally got an app that is malicious it could be causing these spontaneous ads.

CBreen28

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I get those after exiting of my free txting app. I guess that's how they make their $.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Are you using a ram cleaning app. They lately tend to add annoying adds

Sent from my SM-N910F

No, I'm not. I broke down and did a factory reset last night. So far I haven't head any ads pop up. I'm not sure what it was that was doing it

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
No, I'm not. I broke down and did a factory reset last night. So far I haven't head any ads pop up. I'm not sure what it was that was doing it

As you reinstall your apps, do so one or two at a time based on how important they are to you. Once you see the ads start popping up again, if you ever do, that will help narrow down which apps are behaving this way.

I have also used Lookout Ad Network Detector, which scans all the apps on your device and lets you know which ad networks are part of what apps. This can be very handy in tracking down which ad networks are resident on your phone and which might be popping notifications or misbehaving.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.lookout.addetector&hl=en&token=tnammzv5

Brandon Eskra

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Do the ads show up in notification tray? If so, Pull down notification tray and long press on ad. It should tell you the app it's coming from

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Do the ads show up in notification tray? If so, Pull down notification tray and long press on ad. It should tell you the app it's coming from

They were showing up when I would swipe to unlock my phone. Haven't had any since I factory reset last night