How do I get rid of the Pin Lock?

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Can't get rid of PIN lock

My Note 4 will not stay out of pin lock. Changing to another method either will not work at all or will only apply one time before pin lock is back. I used fingerprint for a while but when I wanted to go back from PIN this started. Swipe will work one time before going back to PIN.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't get rid of PIN lock

two possible causes for this. And one solution that will most likely fix this.

Reason #1: you may have activated Knox, and the method of Knox PIN is taking over.
or
Reason #2: If you are trying to get your corporate e-mails on your phone, most likely your company is forcing the PIN method as security(most companies do)

The fix: I hate to say this, but you may have to do a factory reset(try a battery pull first), but if that doesn't work, then a factory reset might be the way to go.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

My Note 4 will not stay out of pin lock. Changing to another method either will not work at all or will only apply one time before pin lock is back. I used fingerprint for a while but when I wanted to go back from PIN this started. Swipe will work one time before going back to PIN.

sorry to hear this...I have been using Finger scanner for sometime now, realize it's getting annoying to I am going back to swipe...I hope i don't have this issue, but keep us posted if u find a fix!

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I have been on swipe without it going back for half a day. I just kept trying to change it. Gonna enjoy this another half day and then try fingerprint again :-*