Switch from Verizon to TMobile, why doesn't voice mail hear my phone?

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Switch from Verizon to TMobile: voice mail doesn't hear my phone: tech support stymied.

[RESOLVED]

Tech got it figured out and adjusted something on their end.

Giving credit where due, TMobile customer service worked great... this time.
Love my Note 4. Just switched from verizon to TMobile Family plan... everything else seems to work but TMobile has a problem "hearing " my key presses... so I can't access the voice mail since it's acting like I haven't pressed any keys for my pin number.

HELP!!!! TMobile tech support is stymied... and at this point, the TMobile system is the only one that can't seem to "hear" my key presses.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Switch from Verizon to TMobile: voice mail doesn't hear my phone: tech support stymied.

Can tech support hear the touchtones (that's what they're called) when you call them with the Note 4 and press the buttons?

If they can, ask if they can measure the tones. If the twist (difference in level between each of the tone pairs) is off just enough, or the frequency of the tones is off just enough, the phone may dial but not be close enough for their voicemail system.

Then again, they may have your voicemail set up wrong. Ask them to totally delete your number from their voicemail server, then add it back again by hand.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: Switch from Verizon to TMobile: voice mail doesn't hear my phone: tech support stymied.

They may have done that. We went back and forth, and the guy finally told me to shut it down for 5 minutes (He said they did something at the tower level, whatever that means) and it works fine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress