Need some help from my Android friends

bamf-hacker

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a Sprint Note 4 that I just had unlocked, but I want to get rid of all of the Sprint boot screens and auto installed Sprint apps. I am a new Android user and have updated the Note 4 to 5.0.

I have Keis installed on my PC.

Any advice would be awesome!

Thanks

bamf-hacker

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This is not possible by unlocking the phone. It has to be rooted and I would strongly advise against doing that.

So, With the phone unlocked I can still use it overseas and the dumb Sprint Spark splash logo and apps should not matter??? If that is the case I will just live with it, as long as I can use it with any carrier.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
So, With the phone unlocked I can still use it overseas and the dumb Sprint Spark splash logo and apps should not matter??? If that is the case I will just live with it, as long as I can use it with any carrier.
Unlocking a phone to use on other carriers doesn't give you access to what is needed to delete bloat apps or reprogram the basic functionality of the phone. That takes being rooted. Unless you are well versed in rooting and how to program and troubleshoot, I would not entertain the thought of rooting this device.

bamf-hacker

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty solid and techy, but this is not a main device. I was going to use it as a hotspot overseas with a local carrier SIM. So I am not going to take the time to root and update the boot loader. I was checking to see if my Android peeps had a quick solution for me. I can live with the splash screen and bloat as long as it will work on other carriers :)

Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non