Note 4 problem - Screen won't rotate

TsrifElddimTsal

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
The screen just won't rotate. I feel like I've tried everything but nothing works. I've read through different forums and tried a bunch of their suggestions but nothing works. I decided to factory reset my phone to see if that would fix the issue and it did not. I did the *#0*# code and noticed that my accelerometer sensor has been locked at -32768 on the y axis. Does anybody know if there is a solution for this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The orientation sensors might be faulty. Does the screen orientation ever change? I assume, of course, that Auto-Rotate is turned on.

TsrifElddimTsal

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Auto-rotate is indeed on. The orientation changes for some apps. If I open up Clash of Clans the orientation changes and if I exit out of it and go to the home screen it stays in that orientation until I turn off Auto-Rotate.

Mr-Guy

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Auto-rotate is indeed on. The orientation changes for some apps. If I open up Clash of Clans the orientation changes and if I exit out of it and go to the home screen it stays in that orientation until I turn off Auto-Rotate.

Silly question, did you reboot? I had that once and that cured it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to piggyback off this thread but this seems like a good spot rather than a new thread.

So is the Note 4 screen supposed to rotate from portrait to landscape ALL the time - or only with certain apps? My home screen doesn't rotate - should it be rotating?

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
It will only rotate with a 3rd party launcher. The stock launcher does not allow for rotation of the home screens.

Pretty annoying that they have not added this in by now.

Watchtower1

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
The screen just won't rotate. I feel like I've tried everything but nothing works. I've read through different forums and tried a bunch of their suggestions but nothing works. I decided to factory reset my phone to see if that would fix the issue and it did not. I did the *#0*# code and noticed that my accelerometer sensor has been locked at -32768 on the y axis. Does anybody know if there is a solution for this?
I had the exact same problem, until I watched this video. Believe me it works! It did for me and many others. It's a fix in 2 secondshttps://youtu.be/y7jeHTVIB2M
If you can't see the video, basically it's a good slap in the back of the phone. For whatever reason it works!

Last edited:

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you don't want to add a 3rd party launcher, there is an app called Ultimate Rotation that will change orientation to landscape on homescreen and individual apps.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

taccardi

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Lol I was having the same problem and I did exactly what you said, I slapped the back of my phone and rotation is working again. Thx

Clcto

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Ok. This worked. I didn't even watch the video.

My problem started when I dropped the phone yesterday. Nothing broke. But I soon learned that rotate stopped working. If I was in the browser or in an app rotate would not change from landscape to portrait mode. When I was in Camera, I noticed the camera icon button did not rotate. Yesterday based on online instructions I power cycled the phone, I rebooted the phone. I switched the phone to some strange rooting screen. I took out the battery for 30 seconds.

Today, based on the instructions above, I held the phone firmly and slapped the back of the phone. It seemed to me that the phone gave a little haptic buzz. Instantly and without rebooting rotate started working again. When I'm in "Camera" the camera icon is rotating. When I'm in Internet, the page rotates. Easy! Thanks. :)

Henry Pang

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Removing Facebook app could prevent screen rotating from working, at least that was what I discovered on my model SM-N910H, nothing will fix it not even reinstalling Facebook app via Play Store, the only way to fix the issue require Device initialization from Smart Switch or manually flash the device with stock firmware. (The workaround is to disable/freeze Facebook app instead of uninstall it.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174