Dropbox with Android - Folder syncing

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Good day,

I am thinking of moving form Google Plus for backing up my photo's as I am near the 25B limit (I have 10GB extra at the moment). I have used Dropbox now for 5 years on a free version and have had no issues with it at all.

My question relates to backing up of folders on my Note 4 to Dropbox. My current Google Plus allows me to select which folders on my phone I choose to back up. I have nearly all of my folders which contain pictures and videos within this group.

When I try to do the same thing using Dropbox I see it has an option to turn on Camera Roll backup, however how can't I select other folders e.g. 'Screenshots', 'PicsArt', 'WhatsApp Images, 'WhatsApp Videos' to also be included in these automatic uploads?

When in the Gallery app I can select a folder, go to settings then - under cloud sync I see 'Dropbox' however this only takes me to an overview of Dropbox itself and not an option to have it added to a backup list.

I know I can manually add folders to be added to Dropbox however, I have tested this by uploading my 'Screenshots' folder. Then I took another screen shot - it was not uploaded. This proved my thinking that when I uploaded that folder, that's all I done. The changes to the 'Screenshots' folder which occurred on my phone were not reflected on Dropbox.

Does dropbox have such a feature?

Thanks, Gary.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
FolderSync will sync any selected folder(s) on cloud storage with any selected local folder(s) on your device. Will sync immediately in real time , sync on a schedule, on WiFi only, etc etc. Works with most cloud storage services including Dropbox.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....tacit.android.foldersync.full&token=PCXKZft4

DropSync is similar in capability except it is Dropbox-only.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.ttxapps.dropsync&token=yEIubOiT

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

YragTtocs

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Thank you, I'll give it a look.

I had read some reviews on DropSync however some of the most recent ones seemed to be negative. I also had a look at Dropbox Carousel, however it isn't a long term solution as it mass uploads all the images on your phone to dropbox to clear space, I don't know how well it will manage folders thereafter.

Thanks, Gary.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
FolderSync

It can sync to multiple cloud storage. I even have a few folders set to sync directly to my PC when I am home. Very flexible app.

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know a way to remove Dropbox synced pictures from the stock gallery app? I use Dropbox and it syncs my phones pictures to my computer. But I dont want the dropbox album in my gallery. Thank you

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
The Dropbox app only uploads photos taken on the phone to Dropbox, a one-way deal. IOW photos in /DCIM/Camera are uploaded to /Camera Uploads on Dropbox.

So, if you delete photos in Camera in your Gallery app they should stay in Dropbox but be gone from the phone.

Just be sure not to delete any photos not in Dropbox, such as any taken before you enabled photo uploads. Unless you have other backups, they'll be gone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall