Why isn't my Note 4 (Verizon) Pageplus picking up signal in the house like all of the other phones?

DeeJay5513

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Note 4 (Verizon) Pageplus not picking up in house like all other phones

So I switch phones all the time just because I enjoy new experiences, and a few days ago I went back to the galaxy note 4. So as I've always done, I pulled my 4G LTE SIM card out of my Galaxy S3 and put it into my Note 4. The service in my house has always been two bars of 4G upstairs, and two bars of 3G downstairs for every 4G or 3G phones I've ever had while living here, (S3, S4, S5, Droid Razr, Moto X, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, IPhone 5C, and even a Note 4 in the past) all of them were Verizon phones used with pageplus. The same 4G pageplus sim card was used for all of the past android phones. But when I got this particular Verizon Note 4, I slipped in the same sim card, powered up the phone, set it up... and it gets one bar of 1X upstairs and no service downstairs. This has never happened before, all of my family member's phones pick up the 2 bars of 3G or 4G. I've even had a Note 4 before and had no problems! I am totally baffled and frustrated. I went to the Pageplus store in town to see if they could help, but the woman there said "all phones are different even if they the exact same model, as far as service coverage goes." Which to me sounds like total BS, considering all the evidence I gave which says otherwise. Can someone please help me find the real cause for this particular phone's problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 (Verizon) Pageplus not picking up in house like all other phones

Welcome to Android Central! How's that phone's reception in other areas, compared with your other phones? Is it always worse, or just in your house? If it's always worse, then there's definitely something wrong with the phone's cell radio/antenna.

Also, is there a case on the phone? If it's metal, that can sometimes interfere with reception.

DeeJay5513

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 4 (Verizon) Pageplus not picking up in house like all other phones

The problem was a metal band protector I ordered online that runs over the entire aluminum frame only, I can't believe I didn't think of that, it works fine now, thank you so so much!!!