Date randomly changes to December 15, 2034 then immediately changes back

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It happens randomly once or twice a day. . All my apps that anything to do with time then blow up... Google picture backup is 7,000+ days past due, automateit jumps through tons of rules, etc.

Anyone else have this problem. It happened before and after a factory reset, always with lollipop, but not for a few weeks until after I upgraded to lollipop. I figure it has to be an app.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It happens randomly once or twice a day. . All my apps that anything to do with time then blow up... Google picture backup is 7,000+ days past due, automateit jumps through tons of rules, etc.

Anyone else have this problem. It happened before and after a factory reset, always with lollipop, but not for a few weeks until after I upgraded to lollipop. I figure it has to be an app.

No, I haven't. .. but that is actually quite creepy... be interested to see what you find...

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it's probably an app as well.

Have you installed any apps that are not from a well know developer? If so, start there, You don't have to delete the app but you can disable it and see what happens.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Under "Date and Time" in Settings/General, do you have your device set to automatically set the date and time? Your phone is pretty capable of keeping reasonably accurate time for a day or two. I'd just turn that off for a day and see if the problem goes away. If it does, there's either a cached bit of bad data somewhere that the app is trying to read, or you have a bad signal coming off a local cell tower a couple times a day.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think it's probably an app as well.

Have you installed any apps that are not from a well know developer? If so, start there, You don't have to delete the app but you can disable it and see what happens.
I have it narrowed down to text messages from my bank or the app automateit.

I removed automateit and reinstalled it and the problem has stopped.

But I also deleted the text messages that said they were from the year 2034... They were annoying because they wouldn't leave the top of my sms list, but I doubt they were causing the problem.

I have noticed problems with most of the apps I have that I restored data with Helium. I would not get notifications unless I uninsulated and reinstalled the app. Hopefully that was the cause of the problem.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I think I have seen something like this somewhere before, I just can't remember where....oh yeah, it was in a DeLorean, once it was turned on it showed a future date. Maybe if you shake your phone at 88 MPH, you will be able to call yourself 19 years from now.

fatyank

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Next time you travel to the future please send us a message and let us know what it's like. Maybe you'll meet George Jetson. 👽👾👽👾👽👾👽👾👽👾

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95