My Galaxy Note 4 prompts me to press one to answer a call even after pressing the answer button. How can I stop this?

xXositoXx

May 6, 2015
Visit site
My Galaxy Note 4 prompts me to press one to answer a call even after pressing the answer button.

I just recently purchased a Galaxy Note 4 on Sprint. I think during set up I enabled Google Voice. Now every time I get a phone call I am prompted to press one to answer the call even after pushing the green answer button. It is incredibly frustrating and I end up having a lot of people hang up on me assuming I'm not around. I have searched the settings. I have completely uninstalled Google Voice yet this continues to happen. How do I make it stop?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
re:

If you're using a Google Voice number you need to change your privacy settings on Google Voice's website. There's an option to ask for that confirmation from unknown numbers or to let any number be directly answered.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
re:

If you're using a Google Voice number you need to change your privacy settings on Google Voice's website. There's an option to ask for that confirmation from unknown numbers or to let any number be directly answered.

I bet it's precisely this. go to voice.google.com, log in, click on the settings gear in the upper right, go to "Calls", and make sure "Call Screening" is OFF.

xXositoXx

May 6, 2015
Visit site
re:

You guys are wonderful people. Thank you so much. I was getting so frustrated. Even the Sprint tech guys weren't able to help me out.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Re:

You guys are wonderful people. Thank you so much. I was getting so frustrated. Even the Sprint tech guys weren't able to help me out.

They likely would not be able to, true. This is not a phone or a carrier issue, and unless you happened to get a Google geek who has used Google Voice, it's unlikely that they'd have any idea what was going on. Ask the Google geeks like us. ;)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Glad we could help! :)

And yeah, I was baffled by it when I first used Google Voice, especially since I was in a hurry to answer that call hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez