Note 4 Music Quality, trying to decide between a Note 4 and LG4

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I am currently looking at upgrading from my Galaxy S4. I am trying to decide between the Note 4 and the LG4. I like the Note 4 because of the SPen. I use it on my Note 12.2 and Note 8 tablets. I find it very helpful. Last month I was sure I would upgrade to the Note 4, but now the new LG4 has my attention. I like the camera on the LG4 and the updated processor. Not sure about LG phones, I have heard mixed reviews on quality of their phones (not forum posts).

On the LG plus side is camera, processor, speed of updates (already has 5.1).

I like the Note 4 for the SPen and familiar with Samsung (not Touch Wiz, I have Nova Launcher prime on my phone and tablets). I like the Note 4 battery. I also like the physical buttons of the Note 4 - no wasted screen space.

Options that I care about - removable battery and microSD cards are available on both phones. Size is pretty much a wash. Close enough not to care.

What I am wondering about is the sound quality in playing music with headphones. My iPhone was pretty good, and my HTC Rezound was great. My S4 has been just ok. I am wondering if the sound quality is any better on the Note 4 vs the S4.

I have thought about waiting for the Note 5, but with the rumor that the Note 5 will be 6 inches has me less excited. I find the Nexus 6 to be too big for my tastes. Last thoughts I am on Verizon and planning on staying on Verizon.

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Definitely lg g4. I would take that any day over this bland boring note 4 with tw.

I'm a note 4 user.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, in my honest opinion LG G4 has some issues with Multi Tasking due to the Snapdragon 808 (not only has been reported but also saw it myself).

But at the end of the day it really depends if you want the battery and the S-Pen or what G4 offers.. Hope it helps :)

D Android

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I can't complain about the sound quality on Note 4 at all, to me it sounds better than S4, but that maybe because I converted all my music to flac rather than mp3. It may not be as good as on some dedicated music players but it's more than acceptable.

Last edited: