693mb update on ATT note 4

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I did that. Checked for the software update and got the same thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Not sure, then. I checked this morning and it was not available, and had to set my clock forward just now and it worked. Might be different for an interrupted download. You may have to wait until it comes around to you again. Sorry.

Maybe a restart, then move the system clock forward again? Not sure if that will do any good.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I did that. Checked for the software update and got the same thing.

PS: I just noticed your carrier shows MetroPCS in the upper left corner. I'm not sure, but with my AT&T phones I have always had to be actually on an AT&T-provisioned SIM to check for updates.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My install is done. It's 5.1.1. So far the phone seems to be a bit snappier. Will test over the next few days and report back. Interested in hearing how other peoples devices are once they install 5.1.1 with AT&T.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a AT&T unlocked Note 4 on Metro Pcs.

My experience with AT&T phones has consistently been that if it is not provisioned to AT&T, you cannot check for updates. I may be wrong. If it doesn't work in the next couple of days, do you have any friends on AT&T who would be willing to let you jack their SIM into your phone for a few minutes?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Well, poo. Update went great, I'm on 5.1.1, but ... the fingerprint scanner still doesn't work with MobileIron. :'(

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
they would push the update after i've already ordered the note 5 . i was trying to wait on the update to see if it would fix my my little issues, but i couldn't wait . lol

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
they would push the update after i've already ordered the note 5 . i was trying to wait on the update to see if it would fix my my little issues, but i couldn't wait . lol

No big deal, the Note 5 is slated to be the first Samsung device to get Marshmallow, being worked on now.

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but you can update any att phone as long as you have wifi. No need for a valid sim. I'm on straight talk with an att branded note 4. Back when I got straight talk I got the sim package only. Then you put that sim in any att phone.

EDIT: I am unsure about being able to update without a sim.
EDIT: I am positive you can update an ATT branded note 4 with a Straight talk sim in it. That's all this phone has EVER had in it. I bought it brand new online then put my straight talk sim into it and it has always updated over wifi from ATT.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but you can update any att phone as long as you have wifi. No need for a valid sim. I'm on straight talk with an att branded note 4. Back when I got straight talk I got the sim package only. Then you put that sim in any att phone.

Not working on my AT&T Note 4 on T-Mobile.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got mine a hour ago wow man what a improvement it's sooo fast now almost as fast as my gs6 edge plus

I have to agree with you. I thought that maybe I was imagining, but it does appear to be running faster and smoother.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4