Note 4 camera focus problem

slickvol

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I returned a new Samsung Note 4 because the camera would not focus. I have the second one now and I have the same problem. It will eventually focus after either tapping it against my hand or placing the camera within a few inches of an object. Is this a known problem that Samsung is ignoring or have I won the lottery with the only 2 devices that won't work? Is there anything to correct the issue?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure--is there any protective plastic film over the camera lens? If it's still on, it might prevent the camera from focusing easily.

dpen15

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
That happens to me as well on closer shots that the pic, e.g. texts on a paper receipt, could go off focus... and have to either tap on screen to force refocus or move the phone a bit farther/closer to make it aotofocus until I get it acceptable.

aoshia

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Just got my third Note 4 today and it finally seems to be free of this issue. We'll see though. The first one lasted a month before it got problematic. It's common with this phone, as sad as that is to say.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It's an issue all hope will go away in time… except those of us that have it. I shake mine and it seems to work. Not a big camera user otherwise I would keep returning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non