How do I permanently delete personal files/information from a phone?

A

AC Question

How to permanently delete personal files/information from a phone

I have Galaxy Note 4 and the screen is cracked and nothing comes up. I'm willing to sell the phone on ebay or craigslist for parts but first I want to permanently delete my personal files and information. I have access to phone's file system via usb connection and have transferred all the pictures. My phone was locked via fingerprint. If I sell my phone, will anyone be able to bypass the lockscreen and get the information contained in the phone such as emails, access to one notes. etc? What would be the best way to solve this issue? Thanks.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
If it were me i would try to use the android device manager and remotely wipe it. google.com/android/devicemanager i think.

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to permanently delete personal files/information from a phone

I have Galaxy Note 4 and the screen is cracked and nothing comes up. I'm willing to sell the phone on ebay or craigslist for parts but first I want to permanently delete my personal files and information. I have access to phone's file system via usb connection and have transferred all the pictures. My phone was locked via fingerprint. If I sell my phone, will anyone be able to bypass the lockscreen and get the information contained in the phone such as emails, access to one notes. etc? What would be the best way to solve this issue? Thanks.

If you have access via USB can you use Kies to factory reset ?