Why can't I get mobile data and mms to work unlocked AT&T Note 4 on Straight Talk

Merlinlocktv

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Can't get mobile data and mms to work unlocked att note 4 on straight talk

I got the Sim card kit from Walmart so I could use my att note 4 with straight talk, but I've tried using the apn settings they gave me from there website but no luck and I have tried at least 15 other apn settings and still can't get either to work. Some help would be much appreciated. I'm using a att Sim card with the phone and it is unlocked. I have also done a factory reset on it and that didn't help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why can't I get mobile data and mms to work unlocked AT&T Note 4 on Straight Talk

Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us which APN settings you've tried (or give us the links of the sites where you've looked), so that we don't suggest the same ones?

Merlinlocktv

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why can't I get mobile data and mms to work unlocked AT&T Note 4 on Straight Talk

I can't post my current apn settings cause I can't post links yet but I can give the name of the websites I've gone to. I have also called straight talk used there site and tried the apn app from them to. Here are the sites
highonandroid
androidforums
Buzzmobile
Limitlessphones
Androidnow
androidcentral
4gtricks
apn-settings
apn.gishan

Merlinlocktv

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

Ya the settings from straight talk didn't work and I tried the other ones and they didn't work either

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I know this is a basic question, but are you certain the phone is carrier-unlocked, and originally came from AT&T?

Merlinlocktv

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site

Yar I bought the phone from them and I put the code in myself

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

OK--and the code was from AT&T, or did someone sell you a code?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Hmm. I'm not sure what to try next. You're able to make calls on the Straight Talk network, right?