Has anyone gone from Note 3 to Note 4 to Note 5?

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, my N3 is about to be replaced by Asurion, and they have offered me the option of N4 or N5. So I am just looking for anyone who has experience, of going from N3 to N5 direct? And if there was a preference to which phone they like the best - N3, N4 or N5?
I am hesitant to go to N5, as it has no memory card option, and they refuse to give me the 64 GB N5.
I am posting this in N4 and N5 threads, hopefully, I can get some feedback, thanks.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, my N3 is about to be replaced by Asurion, and they have offered me the option of N4 or N5. So I am just looking for anyone who has experience, of going from N3 to N5 direct? And if there was a preference to which phone they like the best - N3, N4 or N5?
I am hesitant to go to N5, as it has no memory card option, and they refuse to give me the 64 GB N5.
I am posting this in N4 and N5 threads, hopefully, I can get some feedback, thanks.

Note 5. Hands-down.

I'm saying this as someone who refuses to upgrade to the Note 5 because I love my SD slot, my replaceable battery, my IR blaster, and the little bit of plastic that keeps me from permanently damaging my Note when I put the S-Pen in backward (hey, I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!).

Why would I do a Note 5?

Swappa.

Because you can try out the Note 5 and if you don't find the "upgrade" to your liking, you can sell it on Swappa and go back to a Note 4 and *make money* from the exchange. Or, maybe you decide the Note 5 is your cuppa, and you have a relevant phone for an additional year.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I've had every note, ever, and so far the note 5 is the best. I love samsung pay, the sleek look of the phone,and how fast it is. I thought not having a removable battery was going to make me hate the phone, but it actually isn't bad. Oh, I forgot the themes are pretty neat too.

play: Note 5 work:GS6 Edge
Samsung Galaxy Gear & Gear S
Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Samsung Gear Circle
Samsung Gear Level U
Samsung Gear Level Box
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition
Samsung Gear VR for Note 5

Revyaanshu

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Since ur not getting the 64 gb option, 32 gb is quite less if u ask me... For a device that is meant for media consumption 32gb (actual around 24) seems relatively cramped. So for that note 5 is not the ideal option. I would go for the note 4.. (using since launch day with a 64 gb card) and hopefully marshmallow will bring themes support and new TouchWiz!

crp852

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Having the ability to add a SD card to the Note 4 worked great for me, just yesterday. I've been using it since it first came out without an expansion card. But recently, I've been on a quest to rip my local CD/vinyl collection and copy those albums to the Note, eventually getting to where I had to start deleting things from the phone to free up storage space.

So, yesterday, I went to Best Buy and bought 1 of the 128 GB EVO Plus Class 10 Samsung SD cards on sale for $50. Now I've got more space available on the Note than I have in my Surface Pro 3.

TL;DR: If you'd like to store local audio, video files, having the ability to expand storage space in the Note 4 is a great feature.

crp

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No way I'd pick Note 5 over Note 4 need my micro SD. Hopefully with Note 6 samsung will bring it back! Then I'm game

In this case, since money isn't in question, I would go with the Note 5, and see what the Note 7 (formerly known as the note 6) brings as far as upgradeable memory, etc, since it's coming out sooner than later at this point.

The Note 5 is still reselling on sites like Swappa for a good chunk of coin, that could be put towards a Note 4 (if you need the memory card) or the Note 7 (if it's a worthy upgrade over the Note 4).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue