US Cellular Marshmallow update

CAO

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Marshmallow update from US Cellular. Playing around with it now to familiarize myself with it.

Posted via the Android Central App

CAO

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I find the method of updating Android phones to be ridiculous. This is one area Apple is far superior to Android. The only way around this mess is to get a Nexus phone or an IPhone as I don't think the carriers are going to let go of their control.
I have noticed numerous new apps after the update. I just disabled them. One app called Clean Master may be of help cleaning up old files/caches, but it very well may be just another waste.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
They shoved CleanMaster? Ugh. Putting Cheetah Mobile software on a phone should be called out specifically in the Geneva Convention.

CAO

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am not liking it at all. It keeps pushing new apps to download. I am going to force close/uninstall it.

CAO

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just an update. I like the ability to download Crystal Adblock app and use the Samsung Browser. The Marshmallow update allows for use of this adblocker which is great. I used to love using Chrome, but I got tired of ads popping up all the time, even when I had ads to be blocked in the settings. I have even thought about changing to Apple as I got tired of this problem. Ads are one thing, but those that constantly pop up covering the web pages is ridiculous. I read a few months ago that this adblocker would be available on the Marshmallow update.
I was using Firefox with their adblocking tools, but that browser was slow and constantly forces close.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89