Note 4 Bluetooth disco's since 6.0

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded 6.0 a couple of weeks ago on Verizon. In the past few days it has been randomly disconnecting. First my Ford Sync, then my desk speaker and now from my Gear S. Most of the issues are with my watch which can connect and reconnect 5 times in a couple of minutes. Killing battery on both. Spent an hour with a Verizon tech and they are sending a replacement phone. Just wondering if I should keep it on lollipop. I never had any issues before and frankly see no big deal with Marshmallow.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded 6.0 a couple of weeks ago on Verizon. In the past few days it has been randomly disconnecting. First my Ford Sync, then my desk speaker and now from my Gear S. Most of the issues are with my watch which can connect and reconnect 5 times in a couple of minutes. Killing battery on both. Spent an hour with a Verizon tech and they are sending a replacement phone. Just wondering if I should keep it on lollipop. I never had any issues before and frankly see no big deal with Marshmallow.

It could be the update just messed up. Did you try booting in to recovery and wiping the cache partition? That or a factory reset will fix it. I usually do a factory reset after any major update like that. Sometimes during the upgrade things get a little out of wack for some reason. Factory reset usually fixes those issues with a fresh install.

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been having the same problem since the Marshmallow update to my Verizon Note 4. Both my Samsung Gear S2 watch and my LG headset randomly disconnect at the same time and will then reconnect about a minute later. Did you ever find a solution? I'd rather not have to go through all of the hassle and time waste of a factory reset just to fix this problem.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
No solution. Sent my perfect note 4 back and now on my second refurb. I have given up.
2 phones, 3 factory resets. My watch will connect fine with my older note 2.
Waiting on the Note 7 if they replace the SD card and the silly glass back.
Otherwise I may need to look elsewhere.
Any suggestions, thinking LG and new watch.

MaguMLMM

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My Note 4 is dropping the bluetooth repeatedly now in my car. I have already done a factory reset. That and worsening battery issues are driving me crazy.