Pixel 8 Pro losing connection to Android Auto

kanyon40

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
I just got a Pixel 8 Pro and I am having a couple of issues with it. The one I want to ask about here is with Android Auto. I will be driving down the street listing to something streamed from my phone, and all of a sudden, it goes off. I look at the screen and it says that Android Auto has disconnected and is attempting to reconnect. Now this never happened with any of my previous phones, so I feel like it is a phone issue and not a car stereo system issue. I have uninstalled AA from my phone and reinstalled it to get the latest updates. I have cleared the cache. I can get a good day without it happening, then it starts happening again.

Any thoughts? Would factory resetting the phone be worth trying? Does it sound like the phone itself is faulty?

Thanks.

kanyon40

Dec 20, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for your question. I should have mentioned, Bluetooth connection. I will check if there is a firmware update for the head unit.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Chevy head units suck. My wife has issues with her Blazers AA more times than not with her S23U whether it's wired or wireless. She is always complaining. Meanwhile my Honda's haven't had any connection issues.