My galaxy note 4 started acting strange.

A

AC Question

Several times a day or night, it starts playing some kind of advertisement very loudly. Something for a heros game version 2.0. I don't see anthing on my screen when it happens I only hear it. I checked my application manager under settings, and I see something, called game mode, and also gear vr that I haven't installed. I am trying to uninstall it but there is only a button force stop which I did, but its not helping. When I go to google play I don't see it in my apps. I also don't see it as a screen shortcut. I don't know how to uninstall it. It's driving me crazy, because it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I need help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like some adware that you inadvertently installed alongside some other app. It can be difficult to pinpoint the culprit, so you might have to uninstall apps one by one until this goes away.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
"Game Mode" is an app that detects when you are running games and adjusts system settings accordingly so the game runs more smoothly. I use it and I've never, ever had an ad like you describe.

As B. Diddy said, this is probably adware that came along for the ride with some app you installed. Although it's most likely the ad is from a new app, it could also be a change in the advertising engine that came with an app you've had for a while.

Assuming you don't use it, one app that seems to have a lot of association with annoying ads (maybe not this one) is the preinstalled "Peel Remote". If you don't use that app, I'd disable it first. I actually stopped using my IR Blaster entirely out of frustration with Peel Remote and its horrible ads.

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Peel remote got ridiculous with ads in the last 6 months. I uninstalled it and bought the Galaxy Universal Remote app. Works like a charm and still using the IR blaster everyday.