Two points of friendly advice for the Note 5!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, at least one of these will be a "duh", but just in case:

1. Get a case and not a thinny case. The case will need some cushion/give or will not protect the glass design. The case area will likely crack before the display does and could spread to the display area.

2. Turn off fast charging. With a fixed 3000mah battery you will see a noticeable drop in capacitance after about six months and really notice after one year. I turned it off on the Note 4 and will do the same IF the Moto X Pure is my next purchase. Not sure on that one yet, since Note 4 still is good gravy :)

Last edited:

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I have mixed feelings about the case. I've been using the glass Xperia series with ultra slim ncipio cases for a couple years now and have survived multiple drops without ever cracking any of it and they're also pretty large phones. Could be pure luck, who knows. I will say I've only dropped it a few times on concrete in all that time

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
On myNote 4, the battery is still strong after almost a year, and fast charging has been on the entire time. I read that it might decrease the battery life too, but it hasn't happened for me ... YMMV I suppose.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
On myNote 4, the battery is still strong after almost a year, and fast charging has been on the entire time. I read that it might decrease the battery life too, but it hasn't happened for me ... YMMV I suppose.

Me to my note 4 is coming on a year an still holds good charge and I use fast charge only and love it and I will be ordering another Spigen clear case for my white note 5

Posted via the Android Central App