My New Favorite App Samsung SideSync

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading and watching things on tips and tricks for the Note 5 since I've upgraded from a Note 2 and much has changed between the last 3 iterations.

One that I just learned about today was SideSync. by Samsung.

This reminds me of the Old Activesync that some may remember from the old PDA days of Windows Mobile and how you were able to easily move files and data, only now without a physical USB connection between your phone and the computer.

I don't know if this was a feature with the prior Notes and S series phones but I just discovered it.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
been using this for a while now since the note 3, note 4 and now s6edge... love it... especially at work so i don't have to pick up my device to check stuff...
plus it charges while plugged into my PC.. so double bonus ; >

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I like SideSync as well, but if you're into power savings I discovered this morning that it keeps a wake-lock on the PC (won't let it go to sleep, even if no phone is connected). I'm not sure why they did that.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
It is awesome. You can sync from phone to tablet or other android device as well. I do this when my s6e plus is on charger so I don't have to get up and keep checking my phone. Also on tab s 4 you can make and relieve phone calls from the tablet. Not sure if you can do that with pc?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I just started playing around with SideSync and it's really cool! I can see my phone's screen and use all the apps on it on my Desktop on my computer without having the phone screen turn on! This is awesome!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not really sure what's going on, but I tried installing on a PC laptop I have and the installation didn't complete. I tried a couple times and it never fully installs. I want to try it, but I am being denied!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Except that I tried on an 8.1 laptop after trying on a W7 computer (iMac running Parallels). I thought that might be the problem, which is why I broke out the 8.1 laptop I never use. Disappointing, because this feature sounds like a great one.

AllPhones

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to download to my Mac today, when you go to click on the Mac choice it says coming soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

My apologies, based on their info saying Mac supported, I thought it worked. However, sometimes companies really mean mac support by vmware or parallels. But it does say "coming soon" and no betas available either. I think Samsung should say will support mac soon, not we support mac which indicates "now".

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to download to my Mac today, when you go to click on the Mac choice it says coming soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just noticed that I am running V3.X on my MAC, so maybe that explains it. It is a native MAC app (not assuming any Windows VM), and it works well with SideSync 4.0 running on my GN5. I have no clue where I downloaded the MAC version from, and for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere now. I do, however, have the DMG file for MAC OS X, version 3.2.4. If you're interested, send me a pvt AC email.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site