Note 5 can only group text up to 10 people??

Mushraeddur

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm completely stumped as to why I cannot text 11 people on my note 5. I had no issues on my iPhone 5! Why on earth is there a 10 limit person cap on group texting with the note 5? I've looked for any apps that might allow me to text more but with no success. Any suggestions are welcome!

oshogg

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you on T-mobile by any chance? If so, it is a T-mobile limitation. Try using alternative SMS app like hello and see if it does any better. That worked for me.

Osho

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Mushraeddur

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm on att. I downloaded hello but it won't send to 11 people still. The settings make it sound like all my friends would have to have the app. I don'the know that I could convince them to use the app. They'really all on iphones.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Android sucks at group messaging. It's been like this forever. Even if there were 7 people, you'd miss group texts and pics. It's unreal that people think the answer is some third party app. Simple functionality like this should be baked in.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Android sucks at group messaging. It's been like this forever. Even if there were 7 people, you'd miss group texts and pics. It's unreal that people think the answer is some third party app. Simple functionality like this should be baked in.
Couldn't agree more. I'm going to ask my co-worker what she uses. She says group messaging works fine for her when sending messages to folks on iOS

Sent from my Note 5

Mushraeddur

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
It is pretty sad. Everyone is telling me take my phone back and get an iphone. I'd rather find a solution. I like the Note5 and Android with the exception of android'so poor handling of group texting! Texting has become the dominant form of communicating on cell phones...good texting features (solid group texting included) should absolutely be baked in to the OS!

If anyone has a solution besides going back to iphone, please enlighten me!

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Textra 99% cured that problem for me. Granted I haven't upgraded to the note 5 quite yet, but I can't imagine textra not working on it the same way it does on my note 4. I've been apart of 20+ people group texts with iPhone users in the group and the only time there was a problem was when another android user might have been using a bad texting app. I'm one of the many that swears by textra. But it would be nice for android across the board to fix its texting issues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I use multiple group texts without issue. The biggest one I have is 5 people and I've never run into a missed text or picture. I am in T-Mobile.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
It's the bigger chains including mms that don't seem to work for me. I get the "mms received. tap to download". And it never downloads. So that frustrates me plus the inability to send high quality videos without trimming it and compressing. I don't think sending someone a link to a server where they can download the original is a good answer.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's the bigger chains including mms that don't seem to work for me. I get the "mms received. tap to download". And it never downloads. So that frustrates me plus the inability to send high quality videos without trimming it and compressing. I don't think sending someone a link to a server where they can download the original is a good answer.

The video trimming is the carriers wanting that. MMS can't handle very big files. Apple got around it by basically having their own messaging service which bypasses the carrier and the MMS standard.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Right. Just don't understand why Google doesn't do the same thing and release it for all platforms(not hangouts).

They would have to have every phone. It's a possibility but not as easy when manufacturers and carriers can remove stuff. That's just the nature of the beast. Apple controls it all and doesn't allow 3rd party apps to take over the default message app so .. Less to worry about.

Apple only does Apple.. Plenty do Google.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I use the GroupMe app, if I need to text more than 5+. Its just easier to read. Than a bunch of text from a bunch of ppl.

For the ppl who are not getting or missing messages. I found its the ppl who use crapple message, that don't receive stuff from Android Messaging.

TJohnsonmp01

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Try YAATA it's very similar to Textra. I started having trouble with textra and found YAATA to be a great replacement

Posted via the Android Central App

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
It looks like it sent the text but as individual texts. I'm thinking if they reply the whole group won'the see their reply to me.

You want to make sure that "send group text as mms" is checked in the settings. Textra shouldn't run into this kind of problem unless this setting is unchecked.

Mushraeddur

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I sent as group mom's bUT it failed. Why is this so ridiculously to do? It'seems just a group text to 11 people!?! This makes no sense to me.