Complete Android Noob and I can't seem to download the attachments in my texts. How can I do this?

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Complete Android Noob and I can't seem to download the attachments in my texts

I just picked up my Note 5 and I got a couple of texts with attachments. When I clicked on "Download", I get a message that says "Failed to download attachment for multimedia message. Try again later." What the heck is that about?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Complete Android Noob and I can't seem to download the attachments in my texts

Have you checked your MMS settings? Or that your SIM Card is active for MMS messaging? Most of the time those are network errors, but you could also try a 3rd party messaging app (like Hangouts) to see if the issue is with the messaging app.

Also make sure that you have mobile data enabled and working as MMS cannot be downloaded over WiFi (unless WiFi Calling is enabled).

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Complete Android Noob and I can't seem to download the attachments in my texts

Thanks for the help. Realized that I wasn't picking up my cell signal when I tried to do something else. Restarted the phone and everything is working now.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Glad you got it working! Enjoy your new phone!