Facebook Contacts sync not working

js87

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I also have tried downloading version 27 and keep getting an error. I have a Galaxy S5 and when I got into my settings and under applications I am unable to disable facebook like I can other apps, only force stop. And when I open the download, this is the screen I get. And then after I click install, I get the error message app not installed.

Screenshot_2015-10-08-09-38-11.jpg

Screenshot_2015-10-08-09-38-37.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I also have tried downloading version 27 and keep getting an error. I have a Galaxy S5 and when I got into my settings and under applications I am unable to disable facebook like I can other apps, only force stop. And when I open the download, this is the screen I get. And then after I click install, I get the error message app not installed.

Did you uninstall the updates on the current FB before trying to install version 27?

js87

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I just uninstalled the app and then tried to install version 27 again and it worked. So I guess on the S5 since it does not have a disable app option, you have to delete the original app.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The reason you have to uninstall the updates or the app is because you can not install an older version app on top of a higher version of the app.

js87

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! So is there a way to still get the new updates but still keep the version 27 so I can still use the contact sync? I would rather have the contact sync than the newer version, just wasn't sure if there was a way to have both.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! So is there a way to still get the new updates but still keep the version 27 so I can still use the contact sync? I would rather have the contact sync than the newer version, just wasn't sure if there was a way to have both.
I think you just need to get it stripped down to the base configuration with no updates, install version 27, activate the sync, then allow it to update to the current version, at which point it will be fully up to date *and* sync should still work.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Go ahead and let it update in the Play Store now, the sync should keep working.

adriantc_ro

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S4 and had the same problem. Followed the instructions (thanks!), got my contacts synced up again, however after the update to version 49 there is again no option for contact synchronization. The contacts are still there, just the option is not. Have you noticed the same behavior? The big question is: will it still continue to sync? Weird thing is on my girlfriend's Galaxy S4 Mini the option is still there. (did not install or reinstall there, it never disappeared)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You should have this option on the screen shot, if it hasn't rolled out to you yet, it should soon. There is so a contacts sync option in accounts on your phone and buried in the Facebook account.

Attachments

• 1444374951296.jpg
    1444374951296.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 26

adriantc_ro

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
That are the options I am seeing. But I expected to also see the Contact sync one beneth the Message one. On the S4 Mini it is still there... That is why I am wondering if is working and hidden or not working at all. Does it continue to sync the contacts for you?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That are the options I am seeing. But I expected to also see the Contact sync one beneth the Message one. On the S4 Mini it is still there... That is why I am wondering if is working and hidden or not working at all. Does it continue to sync the contacts for you?

That sync is not there anymore. Yes it seems to continue syncing your contacts. Also go to your Facebook account under accounts on your phone and turn this on.

Attachments

• 1444488074680.jpg
    1444488074680.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 23

chmnh

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I have tried everything in this thread and I cannot get v27 to install...just keep getting the same error message, app not installed. I have disabled the stock FB app and it still won't work. Running stock Galaxy S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have tried everything in this thread and I cannot get v27 to install...just keep getting the same error message, app not installed. I have disabled the stock FB app and it still won't work. Running stock Galaxy S6.

Did you uninstall updates on Facebook or uninstall Facebook? Also you have to allow unknown sources for the installation of the Facebook app.

chmnh

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Uninstalled, disabled, unknown sources is on...need it for Amazon App Store.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Uninstalled, disabled, unknown sources is on...need it for Amazon App Store.

Uninstall updates, clear data, not sure where the apk came from but just Google version 27, 28 should work also, then install it. It works, I've done it for a long time, on 3 different phones that have pre-installed Facebook.

Now when it says not installed, you can try and open it and see if the settings are there in app settings. The chat re-enabler always tells me not installed but it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty