Samsung GM of Samsung Pay claims Verizon owners might have access next week or so.

dridas

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm skeptical. This just sounds like yet another VZW string-along statement. VZW has absolutely no right to tell me how to use my phone. I urge all to file a complaint with the FCC for violation of Net Neutrality laws that are coupled with VZW's usage of the 700MHz Block c agreement. They have no right to block lawful content from your device.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm skeptical. This just sounds like yet another VZW string-along statement. VZW has absolutely no right to tell me how to use my phone. I urge all to file a complaint with the FCC for violation of Net Neutrality laws that are coupled with VZW's usage of the 700MHz Block c agreement. They have no right to block lawful content from your device.
Verizon didn't make the tweet, the Samsung Pay GM did. Still a bit skeptical but I hope it happens.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
End of the week. Where's the app?

Posted via the Android Central App

wondering the same thing.... I don't actually want to use Samsung Pay.

I'm only after the freebies. (i.e. the free standard non-fast charging wireless charger) Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we'll get Samsung Pay turned on by the deadline to qualify for the freebies. :( (tomorrow, Oct 11) Of course, Samsung may start a new promotion just for Verizon customers who sign up for Samsung Pay now.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
10/11 Last day of Samsung Pay promotion.

Dear Verizon,

The Samsung Pay promotion is over so you can release the application Monday

KiwiCoalBattery

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I believe that is what I said.

I sure hope Samsung will do another promo when Verizon customers can

Forget the standard wireless charging pad in the offered that expired today.
Give us the fast charging wireless charging pad as freebies! :)

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Given that Verizon blames Samsung and Samsung blames Verizon, I doubt that we will see anything soon. Samsung pre-loaded the software and Verizon removed it. Why because Verizon did not want pre-loaded apps on the phone (except of course for Verizon apps). So Samsung Pay and the MS Office Suite were removed. This made room for Verizon bloatware.
I am not holding my breath, I believe it will require at least another 6 weeks before we get to Verizon’s minimum time frame, of 2 months, to get an update out the door (normal for Verizon is 2 – 6 months).

If what Motorola did with the X Pure phone is successful I am hoping more OEMs start selling direct to the public and by pass the carrier completely. Make one version that works on all carriers, with whatever features the OEM wants to include in the device and prevent the carrier from adding anything or deleting anything. All updates would come from the OEM and not the carrier. As long as the device/software conforms to carrier network standards there is no reason for the OEMs not to do this. Since subsidizing is no longer being offered the carrier should have no say in the matter. They are, as one person put it, a pipe line and that is all.

Begin Rant

Land based providers do not dictate what features your device can or cannot have. Comcast phone and internet services allow me to connect any device that is FCC compliant on their network. I have an Nvidia Shield Android TV, LG TV, Sony PS3, Dish Hopper, Chromcast, and a Dell computer all connected to the internet and Comcast does not and cannot dictate what I run on these devices. I have three different types of phones, two wireless types and one hardwired, and again Comcast does not care. As long as the devices are FCC certified and the activity is legal they don’t care. Why do wireless carriers get a say on what we use to connect to their network. Comcast does not block my banking applications or other payment transactions. Comcast does not remove features from the devices I connect to their network. Comcast is my internet and telephone provider and as long as I adhere to their Terms of Service they will continue to allow me to connect what I want and run whatever software I want, without interference from them.

Verizon and the other carriers need to move into the 21st century. The OEMs need to get a backbone, like Apple, and tell the carries to stop removing features. The OEMs need to start selling to the public directly and tell the carrier what they can do with their ancient ways of removing features from our smart devices.

I believe that if the carriers don’t change that the FCC will force them to and it may be worse for them then if they implemented these changes now.

End of Rant

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Given that Verizon blames Samsung and Samsung blames Verizon, I doubt that we will see anything soon. Samsung pre-loaded the software and Verizon removed it. Why because Verizon did not want pre-loaded apps on the phone (except of course for Verizon apps). So Samsung Pay and the MS Office Suite were removed. This made room for Verizon bloatware.
I am not holding my breath, I believe it will require at least another 6 weeks before we get to Verizon’s minimum time frame, of 2 months, to get an update out the door (normal for Verizon is 2 – 6 months).

End of Rant

Actually Verizon did more than just remove Samsung Pay. They inserted an active blocking script or some such where even side-loading the Samsung Pay apk and the necessary Samsung Framework apk your Verizon branded phone still can't use Samsung Pay.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk