Nexus 6P Looking good

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree...I'm a huge nexus fan. ..had the nexus 4 and 5 prior to just getting my Note 5...

Screen looks great and looks fast.. the ad 810 is what turned me off but looks fast.

In the end..really love the Note 5...4 gig ram..awesome screen, s pen...awesome ND really don't mind touchwiz....awesome need I hate TouchWiz on my tablet

Posted via the Android Central App

clickerman

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. If I were in the market for a new phone the Nexus 6p is the one I would choose. The larger battery is a big plus. All I need is a good camera and not necessarily the best.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Funny you ask that cuz I thought about asking what you guys thought about it! I've never given Nexus a second look...until today. I don't know anything about them, but that big one looks good. I read the AC article about it. Sounds good too. Hmmm...

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Why did this have to happen??? I love my Note 5. The screen, speed, camera, I can go on and on but the Nexus line has always had a special place with me due to it's timely updates, pure stock android experience with no bloat and exceptional price points. There is no way I can justify this purchase but I would be lying to you if I said the new Nexus 6P is not tempting my addiction.

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I placed an order. It will be a tough sell to get me to give up my note but I want to test them both out and see which I prefer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I think its hard to compare the two, they are two different animals.

Its like how i switch back and forth between the droid line and the note line. (Yes i know droids have verizon bloat) while the pure android phones are great for someone wanting a pure android experience, the note line isnt even supposed to be that. The note line is for someone who wants an spen and features built into the phone.

Dont get me wrong, the new phone looks like a great phone, but comparing the phones is hard to do.

You can however choose what type of experience you want w your phone, and that is a personal choice.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Nah. The Nexus 6P doesn't have wireless charging or Samsung Pay. Not only that, it has that hideous black bar on the back of the phone.

No thanks.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a nexus 7 2012 tablet and its awesome. Has the 5.1.1 latest and they said today it will receive android m. I do love stock android. The camera is the nexus best camera they have ever had on a phone. Thats something the note 5 had better then any premium phone thats out now. I do like having the lastest android version. Just don't know how i would feel with a Nexus phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm always amazed people pre-order new phones. Until consumer models are plentiful we may know stats but how is the radio? Real life battery time? Does it run hot? Restarts? There are a million possible issues we couldn't possibly anticipate. Just look at the s6 edge. Sounded spectacular but overheating fast charging and accelerometer burn out soon cooled my enthusiasm. I know nothing about Huawei. How is their customer service? Quality control etc?

I don't care about looks and the specs sound fantastic. I can't wait to read customer comments. I don't trust website reviews. They don't use the phone long enough to find the flaws.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm always amazed people pre-order new phones. Until consumer models are plentiful we may know stats but how is the radio? Real life battery time? Does it run hot? Restarts? There are a million possible issues we couldn't possibly anticipate. Just look at the s6 edge. Sounded spectacular but overheating fast charging and accelerometer burn out soon cooled my enthusiasm. I know nothing about Huawei. How is their customer service? Quality control etc?

I don't care about looks and the specs sound fantastic. I can't wait to read customer comments. I don't trust website reviews. They don't use the phone long enough to find the flaws.

The Note line is the only line I trust to preorder because I have a few years under my belt. Also, I know if on the rare chance it doesn't meet my expectations I can exchange it for a small fee. I'd never preorder any other device/brand for the reasons you stated.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
But that Nexus still looks and sounds good. I'm interested in seeing the hands on videos. I feel like a cheat for taking a second look at another device.

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely intriguing. If I didn't have the note 5 already I would give it a hard look. Always having the newest version of Android would be nice, but I think I would miss the spen too much.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
So I am trying to decide between the 6P and the Note 5 on AT&T. The thing I like about the Note is the spen and the 4 gb of ram. I think the form factor is smaller. I like the 6P due to the 128gb capacity and having the latest updates. Will the Note 5 on AT&T get Marshmallow anytime this year? How much storage is available on the Note 5 out of the box? Can I remove all the bloatware without rooting to gain space? Would it be smarter to pay the extra $ to get an international version? I think answers to these will help make up my mind.

double923

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I agreed that Nexus 6P looks good. There are many nice and look good phone out there. My only reason I picked Note 5 is mainly the SPen functionality. Unfortunately, there is only Note 5 in the market, not that I don't like/love my Note 5. Note 5 is a beautiful and a amzingly fast phone. I believe the camera on Note 5 is one the best.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Looks like a nice phone but the features that make a note a note will keep me with the note 5. I think the nexus 6p will be on par with the note 5 but won't exceed it.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I agree to an point, website reviews can be biased or skewed (especially iPhone reviews) but the one thing I always consider, the forums are for us tinkerers and people who just love learning more then the average person about tech. Most people will post about issues, rarely will they post about positives unless in a debate about which phones are best. Also, in the forums it's maybe 1000 ppl you see chatting regularly, that's not gonna be the consensus of the millions of customers who brought the phone.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
But that Nexus still looks and sounds good. I'm interested in seeing the hands on videos. I feel like a cheat for taking a second look at another device.

Lol, look but don't touch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty