No more Facebook app

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
For me.. Just drains battery for no reason. Been 6 hours since charged to 100%, haven't even opened Facebook, charge is down to 75% and Facebook is 4% of that.

So I disabled the app and using the mobile site instead.

Posted via the Android Central App

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue when I first purchased my phone and disabled the shop and used the mobile site. A few weeks later i started over. I disabled notifications and background refresh. Since doing that facebook has not drained my battery.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue when I first purchased my phone and disabled the shop and used the mobile site. A few weeks later i started over. I disabled notifications and background refresh. Since doing that facebook has not drained my battery.

Where do you disable background refresh? I had already disabled notifications

Djlatino

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
If you really need notifications for FB but don't want the app, and want to remain using the mobile site, get Facebook Lite.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
If you really need notifications for FB but don't want the app, and want to remain using the mobile site, get Facebook Lite.

Not sure I understand. Is there a Facebook lite app? I don't need or want notifications or background refresh.

Djlatino

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure I understand. Is there a Facebook lite app? I don't need or want notifications or background refresh.

Yes there is, it's focused on being able to run on low end devices. However, if you don't want notifications for FB, I'm assuming you're using it for just reading?

I suggested FB Lite because it's a much smaller app, meaning it doesn't use any battery at all unless you open it. That being said, it's not as pretty as the main app, hence why I only use it for push notifications.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes there is, it's focused on being able to run on low end devices. However, if you don't want notifications for FB, I'm assuming you're using it for just reading?

I suggested FB Lite because it's a much smaller app, meaning it doesn't use any battery at all unless you open it. That being said, it's not as pretty as the main app, hence why I only use it for push notifications.

Very good. Thanks. Yeah I just want to be able to read my time line when I want to.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I would like to delete the app but flipping through pics is different on the browswer and it doesn't give the option to save images.

Djlatino

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I would like to delete the app but flipping through pics is different on the browswer and it doesn't give the option to save images.

Gotta hit the "View Full Size" first!
TYnvIzy.jpg

NatalieB2015

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Good question. How do you do that?

Sorry, didn't mean to go MIA. here are the steps to disable background refresh

Settings > Data Usage > (Find Facebook in list and Press to go to next screen) > Enable "Restrict Background Data" (turn on)

using this setting, facebook will only update your newsfeed and notifications when you open the app itself. Which works for me, because if I am not using FB I don't need it to update the app.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

Settings > Data Usage > (Find Facebook in list and Press to go to next screen) > Enable "Restrict Background Data" (turn on)

using this setting, facebook will only update your newsfeed and notifications when you open the app itself. Which works for me, because if I am not using FB I don't need it to update the app.

Thank you!

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Thanks! I've been having a helluva time getting that damn app to chill out.