Issues with my Note 5 network

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been having an issue since the last update and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. Every single day, I can't connect to the network. I can't get calls, can't get texts, can't get on the play store, can't update instagram and twitter, can't get on the internet. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi at work or on the AT&T 4G LTE network. I have to turn my phone off and wipe the cache partition and then turn it back on. It will be fine for the rest of the day, but I have to start all over again the next day. Any ideas what might be going on :confused:? I would appreciate any help!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I've been having an issue since the last update and wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. Every single day, I can't connect to the network. I can't get calls, can't get texts, can't get on the play store, can't update instagram and twitter, can't get on the internet. Doesn't matter if I'm on WiFi at work or on the AT&T 4G LTE network. I have to turn my phone off and wipe the cache partition and then turn it back on. It will be fine for the rest of the day, but I have to start all over again the next day. Any ideas what might be going on :confused:? I would appreciate any help!

Nope and doesn't sound normal.

Have you tried a factory reset?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried resetting your network settings? I have the AT&T Note 5 also but was having issues with data dropping down to HSPA+ and not going back to LTE. This not quite the same issue you are having but this is at least worth a try. Look under settings, connections, more connection settings, then reset network settings. It asked for my password and once entered it did a network reset. You will have to reconfigure the bluetooth and wifi password. I now have a strong LTE connection again with no step down to HSPA+. Maybe resetting your network settings could help.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Did you install any new apps around the same time? It sounds like something is corrupted in your update or OS. Or it's not playing nice with some app.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried resetting your network settings? I have the AT&T Note 5 also but was having issues with data dropping down to HSPA+ and not going back to LTE. This not quite the same issue you are having but this is at least worth a try. Look under settings, connections, more connection settings, then reset network settings. It asked for my password and once entered it did a network reset. You will have to reconfigure the bluetooth and wifi password. I now have a strong LTE connection again with no step down to HSPA+. Maybe resetting your network settings could help.

Have not tried that. I will give this a shot before doing the factory reset that Kelly Kearns suggested. Thank you for the info!

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If that doesn't work the next step I would do is to have AT&T give you a new SIM card and let them configure everything in the store. Then if the problem happens again I would do the factory reset.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
If that doesn't work the next step I would do is to have AT&T give you a new SIM card and let them configure everything in the store. Then if the problem happens again I would do the factory reset.

If it does it again tomorrow, I'll take it in to AT&T this weekend and let them have a shot at it. I've read that you should do a factory reset after all updates. Is that a true statement?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If it does it again tomorrow, I'll take it in to AT&T this weekend and let them have a shot at it. I've read that you should do a factory reset after all updates. Is that a true statement?

Some people never do them and never have an issue. Myself, I almost always do them, but now getting more updates, the smaller ones I just do a cache wipe. For a large actual firmware change, I always do a reset.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Some people never do them and never have an issue. Myself, I almost always do them, but now getting more updates, the smaller ones I just do a cache wipe. For a large actual firmware change, I always do a reset.

Thank you! Good information to know. I have never done resets after updates. Have never had a problem until now. I guess it was just a matter of time before it happened.

Hauss316

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I was having similar issues. From OK Google not being able to connect for a voice request to Facebook constantly telling me I wasn't connected to the Internet even though it was loading videos. I tried to wipe the cache but still had mobile data connection issues. Factory reset and seems to have fixed the issue for me.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Okay, this seems to have been the winning answer. No issues this morning. Running like a dream. Thank you so much for your help!

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I was having similar issues. From OK Google not being able to connect for a voice request to Facebook constantly telling me I wasn't connected to the Internet even though it was loading videos. I tried to wipe the cache but still had mobile data connection issues. Factory reset and seems to have fixed the issue for me.

I may do that this weekend just to cover all bases. Thank you!

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Glad to help. If after a few days the issue occurs again then like others here have suggested, the factory reset would be the next option. And when all else fails see what AT&T could do.

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Went through three notes, all ended up with the same problem. Might work for a day or week. The last one lasted three weeks before it started doing this. Factory resets. Replacing phone. reseting. It would always come back. Last one started after a sprint update. After the third, I sent it back to sprint and got a refund. Can't be having it shut down the network. Never know when it'll happen and how many calls or texts you'll miss. Know others that never had the issue. I did and had to move on.

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Went through three notes, all ended up with the same problem. Might work for a day or week. The last one lasted three weeks before it started doing this. Factory resets. Replacing phone. reseting. It would always come back. Last one started after a sprint update. After the third, I sent it back to sprint and got a refund. Can't be having it shut down the network. Never know when it'll happen and how many calls or texts you'll miss. Know others that never had the issue. I did and had to move on.

Oh please don't tell me that! I can't have that! 😯😢😦

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having network issues with Verizon. Every so often it will not connect to a network in a location that should have signal. My Note 3 has no issues but the note 5 does. A restart generally gets it to reconnect... It's really weird.

Posted via the Android Central App

jtmo3

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
And that is the problem I was having. After three phones, I'm done with it. They all did it and I couldn't deal with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez