Anybody else experience this screen issue?

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
On the homescreen (not the lockscreen), my display has a fade to it at the top. I have my notification bar hidden in the launcher but where the notification bar would normally be, there is a distinct fade there. At the top of the screen, it's darkest and it gets lighter then ends a little past where the notification bar would normally end. It is extremely annoying when using lighter colored wallpapers. Black or dark gray, you don't notice it but any other colors, you definitely do. I thought it was something in my launcher (Dodol) however, I switched to Touchwiz Launcher and it is the same thing.

Only does this on the homescreen. I can view the same picture I use for my wallpaper in the gallery and it is fine.

It has to be something ridiculous that Samsung/Google/AT&T has implemented.

Anyone else?

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I got some weird stuff going on at the bottom of the screen also that only shows on the home and lock screens as well. I'm taking it into the AT&T Device repair center Friday to have they look at it. The guy said more than likely they will replace it if it's not a software issue.

If replaced, is the replacement a refurb or NIB because ll'l tell ya, there's no way I'm accepting a refurb in place of my 25 day old $850 device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress