Problem with fast charging

Jekhoff9375

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I plug my note 5 in to charge I get a notification saying to use the original charger to use fast charge even though I am already using the fast charger that came with the phone. I have to unplug and try again 4 to 5 times before it recognizes the fast charge. Does anyone else have this problem or just a defect with my device? It's not too big of a deal but I always hate unplugging the device before it is fully charged. Any answers would be helpful, thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

charles777

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Try switching the wire... keep the plug but change to a different usb wire... some people reported the same issue and by switching to a different preferably thicker wire they fixed the problem... hope it works

Posted via the Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Few long threads on this for most it's the cord. I had this issue and when I switched to my note 4 cord everything was fine.. The cord that came with the 5 is junk

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
No issues with my cord or charger. I've tried non OEM USB cords and if they are newer, they will work and provide fast charge.
I have some old blackberry USB cords that do not do fast charge. So it definitely makes a difference which cord you use.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5

JohnnytheK

May 20, 2013
Visit site
No issues with my cord or charger. I've tried non OEM USB cords and if they are newer, they will work and provide fast charge.
I have some old blackberry USB cords that do not do fast charge. So it definitely makes a difference which cord you use.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
Yeah USB cable are made very cheaply, I wasn't able to charge my smart watch. I tried a couple different chargers and none of them worked. I swapped cables and all was shiny. Good luck.