Done with the Note 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I hate running custom ROMs because all of them have some bugs in them
Not quite true. Yeah most of them do, but I've been running the Pure Nexus rom for about a year now and not 1 bug or glitch. It's been such a great experience that I'll never go back to stock. Btw, the rom is available for the Nexus 4, 5, 5x, 6, and 6p. Great screen name btw, maybe you should go Nexus?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If you want to donate the phone to me.. I'll pay you by giving you a free link to the YouTube video of me punching it with brass knuckles. It won't solve the problem, but it'll bring joy to the masses.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Not quite true. Yeah most of them do, but I've been running the Pure Nexus rom for about a year now and not 1 bug or glitch. It's been such a great experience that I'll never go back to stock. Btw, the rom is available for the Nexus 4, 5, 5x, 6, and 6p. Great screen name btw, maybe you should go Nexus?

I haven't had a Nexus besides the 4. I came close to buying the 6P but decided not to because I had already bought 5 phones including the Note 5 since December. I wanted to cut back :)
If you want to donate the phone to me.. I'll pay you by giving you a free link to the YouTube video of me punching it with brass knuckles. It won't solve the problem, but it'll bring joy to the masses.

Thanks but no thanks. I'll mess with it a bit over the weekend to see if I can "fix" the battery drain.

Have you thought of selling it cheap. Maybe someone else can get use out of it., Just a thought

I don't sell my old phones. I like using them for several years.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not the battery because the problem goes away with a custom ROM. This only happens with the stock OS.
It's nonetheless pathological and unusual, and likely due to some hardware problem even if it only manifests with some software versions. I would have exchanged the phone under warranty as soon as a factory reset failed to solve the problem.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's nonetheless pathological and unusual, and likely due to some hardware problem even if it only manifests with some software versions. I would have exchanged the phone under warranty as soon as a factory reset failed to solve the problem.

I can't as I said above, rooting it voided the warranty.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty much stuck with a worthless phone now. I wiped the phone using TRW recovery so now there is no OS on the phone. Rebooting just goes into a boot loop.

Trying to restore the stock image in Odin fails
Trying to restore using Kies 3 fails.
Trying to restore using smart switch fails

I already threw this thing across the room and I seriously want to throw it through a wall. Only think I can do with it is put it into recovery or download mode. Nothing I do to try and restore works.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe trying a different recovery will help get it out of the bootloop. Then from there you could try to load a stock image (rooted or not). I would be all over a stock rooted image if one were available for Verizon Note 5 that did not inhibit ability to use Android Pay. That will probably never happen given I don't think root was acheived for the Verizon model.
https://twrp.me/faq/removetwrp.html
How to install ClockworkMod/PhilZ | Samsung Galaxy Note5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your defective note 5 software. This is what warranty is for and if I were you, I would have gotten a warranty replacement instead of rooting.

You made a decision, which is fine,but I wouldn't blame Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress