How to solve this notification(I think it is malware)

same rwakim

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
how to solve this notification(I think it is malware)

Hi,
I am getting this notification on my note 5:
"Install/Update/Enable Google Update
Request by com.google.android.syns.update"

When I press this notification it redirect me to a webpage and download of Update-System-4.0 start.

Is that happening to someone else?

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: how to solve this notification(I think it is malware)

Not happening to me, but the address requesting this suggests a scam.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: how to solve this notification(I think it is malware)

That's not an address. That's the app on your device that is requesting it. A quick google search says that it is requesting google sync to sync your various google apps across your multiple devices.

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Having similar issues. But in addition I'm getting a series of pop-up ads allegedly from Samsung and Verizon offering me fee stuff including an IPhone.

I close all my apps immediately and resign into the forums again. Sometimes I get more pop-ups. I've reset my phone twice to no avail. (I've also eliminated all but the most basic apps for the time being.)

If it continues I will have no other option than to eschew Android Central.

Is this normal?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Having similar issues. But in addition I'm getting a series of pop-up ads allegedly from Samsung and Verizon offering me fee stuff including an IPhone.

I close all my apps immediately and resign into the forums again. Sometimes I get more pop-ups. I've reset my phone twice to no avail. (I've also eliminated all but the most basic apps for the time being.)

If it continues I will have no other option than to eschew Android Central.

Is this normal?

If I understand correctly, the pop-up ads are only happening when signed into Android Central?

If yes, that's not a good experience.

I've read that the Samsung browser, called Internet, that comes with the Note 5, can use an Ad blocking plug-in. I have not tried it, but perhaps others who have can recommend options.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
If I understand correctly, the pop-up ads are only happening when signed into Android Central?

If yes, that's not a good experience.

I've read that the Samsung browser, called Internet, that comes with the Note 5, can use an Ad blocking plug-in. I have not tried it, but perhaps others who have can recommend options.

Many thanks for the reply.

You're right so far I've only got pop-ups from the Note 5 and 7 forums. Quite a variety. When I press to back out I get another screen. Impossible to exit. I get buzzing screens and spinning wheels. Bad add
advertising 101. I'm baffled.

Got a screen with the Google logo which took me to a nonGoogle app in the Playstore.

Have tried 5 anti virus programs with no success. And I did a factory reset for the 3rd time.

About to ditch Android central.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
That's it. I'm done with Android Central forums.

Just got the millionth notice saying my phone is infected. Won't let me back out. Most of the notices are different.sometimes Samsung, Verizon, Google, or anonymous.

Life is too short.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
OK, last of my endless postings. Apologies to all.

It finally occurred that I could download the Android Central app versus using the browser. That's my next move. Ciao.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez